Thread: 2008 BMW 135i convertible ( e88 ) continued water leak.

My Cars
    BMW 135i,MK4

Unhappy 2008 BMW 135i convertible ( e88 ) continued water leak.

Good afternoon,

This is my first time ever posting to a site so please be easy on me. I do most of the work on my car myself but I have had a continued problem with this water leak even after visiting the dealer. It's a 2008 BMW 135i convertible. I noticed a damp floorboard the first time I ever got it looked at. I already had a appointment scheduled for a airbag recall and I mentioned it to the dealer close to where I live. I mentioned that I had heard of the pipe running over the transmission can get clogged up and cause a issue with the water running into the passenger side carpet. A couple of days later she calls me back and says that it's my Convertible Top seals leaking. I told them to replace them and I picked up the car. Well on the way back from the dealer, I noticed the side of the transmission tunnel carpet getting damp again. I called her back and she scheduled another appointment. They replaced he vapor seal in my driver door and also some clips from the door panel. I finally got the car back again and noticed that they were damp again. This time, it was both floor mats in the back and the front and passenger mats. The amount was probably caused from taking a little tour around town with the top down and the ac blowing. I made sure to check the convertible top drains, they are fine. I also did my own version of a water test with a hose and didn't get any water into the cabin. I'm out of ideas and all the old posts that seem to lead the right way end up having pictures that have been deleted.

Thanks in advance for your input. I look forward to reading the responses.
    -Tino

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    The AC drain tube should have been the FIRST subject tackled!
    Convertible top seals shouldn't leak unless they're physically damaged.
    Clean or replace #1+#2 here:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=64_1441

My Cars
    BMW 135i,MK4
    Thank you for the rapid response. Sorry that I’m just now getting to it. I will try to figure out the location of these parts and get back to you.