RM European Auto Parts

Thread: E46 Dash Removal

My Cars
    M3

E46 Dash Removal

Anybody have any DIY info on a full dash removal from a 2003 E46?

My Cars
    2002 325ci, 2011 3281

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    The DIY isn't too bad, although there are a few strange items, like removing the seats, or leaving the dash underpanels just hanging there in the way of your feet, instead of unplugging two plugs? Or the casual description of removing the "A" pillar covers, without warning of how easy it is to make them permanently ugly.

But mostly, this is just the dash cover, which most people aren't going into , just to put back on again. To remove the actual dashboard framework is FAR more complex. Which brings me to my question: WHY are you trying to remove the dashboard, Pauly ?
    Are you going after the evaporator core? Officially, that job pays a pro BMW tech 12 hours...and that is not enough.

I don't have videos or DIY's for you, because copying all the links and photos from Alldata (a pro website) is nearly impossible. However, if you tell us exactly what your ultimate goal is, maybe I can add a couple of hints....

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471