Thread: Dual Fuel Pumps for High HP applications

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe

Dual Fuel Pumps for High HP applications

Does anyone have pictures of their AN feeds and returns in a stock basket?

Also, has anyone used the other side of the tank for another fuel pump, not to resist starvation, but to actually add more fuel?

I have (what I hope to be) a 700HP LS Turbo setup. 96lbs injectors, China Fuel Rails, -8an feed and -6 return, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive 10 micron filter, and two walbro 450's. I want to run E85.

I would like to put one pump in the driver side and one pump in the passenger side of the stock tank, Y- the feeds and run them at the same time (or maybe on a hobb's switch). I believe the dual fuel pump set up's for starvation use the driver's side pump as a transfer pump (to get fuel to the passenger side). I know Rally Road makes a bracket, but if I can avoid that cost I would like to.

This means I have to get the AN lines out of the stock baskets (bulkhead fittings) for the feed, and back in for the returns. I assume that the return can just go into one side of the tank (like stock) and does not have to be split. I have a good Idea how I'm going to do it, but would like to see some other setups.

Can anyone think of any other problems I'll run into?

TIA!

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just run a single in tank 450 paired with something like a Radium surge tank?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just run a single in tank 450 paired with something like a Radium surge tank?
    In hindsight, yes. I'm trying to saves costs at this point and thought split pumps would be cheap and easy. I was wrong.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    +1 Just switch your fuel hose from the bulkhead to Gates Barricade, and then an adapter from barb to AN to your surge tank. Dual pumps in surge tank to rail will be plenty. I run an Aero 340 in tank as a lift pump, to a surge tank with dual Bosch 044 to the rail. Plenty of fuel for 800~ on E85. I epoxied a return -10 AN fitting to the passenger side bulkhead and the E85 ate it away. We really need a nice CNC aluminum hat we can thread bulkhead fittings into. That would be really nice and a clean install. I contacted Rallyroad.net about getting one of their aluminum hats for their dual fuel pump hanger, but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet.

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck