Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop wants 2 grand to fix everything?

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iFun View Post
    I wasn't implying that you boost your car. In fact, I would suggest you do the opposite of that ESPECIALLY if you can't work on it yourself. And I would much rather have a boosted non-m than a stock E36 M3 or any boosted car for that matter - are you serious?

Like any other 20 year old car, it has it's problems. I wouldn't compare it to a Honda though, you wouldn't catch me driving civic or whatever they are in the same time era that the was E36 produced.

The things you are listing are so minor and easy to fix. Your talking some epoxy and maybe 2 hours of your time if your proficient.

It's the price you pay for owning one of the best/reliable motors ever made and pretty decent handling and weight distribution for a 20 year old vehicle to boot.

If you want to bash an E36 - do it right, like the rest of em'!

1. Go get a 90's civic or hatchback
    2. Buy ebay terbo kit (hacksaw muffler off)
    3. Go to local high school and rev engine for chicks
    4. Come back and talk smack

If you want to learn how to fix or make a pretty fun car, search around. There's plenty of info! But there's no point in stating problems that everyone here already knows exist or comparing an E36 to Honda. You'll get shutdown quick!
    I like you, you one of those guys that would have my back against someone talking smack about bmw, my co worker talks so much shit about my bimmer that oh man there so unreliable and shit when he has a challenger. and so does my family they dont like bmw but they are a mercedes fanboys i need more people like you that defend bmw becuase i was just playing the devils advocate so i can use your words to fight back lol, but foreal tho i do work on my e36 majority of the time i even got a whole list of stuff ive done to it if you want the google docs link ill send it but oh man those are the minor/ easy things to fix? what do you consider hard to fix mchanically? rebuilding the motor lol
    98 328is/5 Arctic silver
    99 528i 5speed Alpine white(Totaled Unfortunately)
    Oil pan and timing chain delete, weight reduction right?
    98 540i/6 (New baby)

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Head gasket is difficult for first time so check your cooling system

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12