Thread: Guibo Advice?

My Cars
    2012 750Li XDrive MSport

Guibo Advice?

Hello All! I just bought a 2012 750Li XDrive MSport and have a slight vibration which leads me to believe the guibo is needing replaced. I had the car on the lift and saw some little cracks around the front one, rear looked fine, not sure the condition of the carrier bearing. I want to tackle this job my self and want to make sure I buy everything I need before I start. What do you recommend? Should I get both flex discs, carrier bearing and new bolts or what? I'd like to do this once and be done with it...

My Cars
    The guibo is the last thing I would be thinking of replacing for a vibration. Tires and wheels would be absolutely first. In 12 years of being a BMW dealer tech, I have never replaced a guibo for a vibration.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Second no on guibo, start with wheels, bent? and tire balance, do you feel it through out the car or in the steering wheel

My Cars
    2012 750Li XDrive MSport
    Quote Originally Posted by jclausen View Post
    Second no on guibo, start with wheels, bent? and tire balance, do you feel it through out the car or in the steering wheel
    I feel it more thru the car than I do thru the wheel. It's a very small vibration but it bugs me because I know BMW rides better!

My Cars
    You've either got a bent wheel, tires out of balance, or a tire(s) out of round (can be measured by a shop with a RoadForce balancer).

My Cars
    2012 750Li XDrive MSport
    I will go get it checked out on Saturday and see what's up. Thank you guys!

My Cars
    2012 750Li XDrive MSport
    Well had the tires checked out, were out of balance a little, got them squared away but my vibration is still there. I can feel it mainly when leaving a stop light and up to about 50mph, almost goes away the faster I go. Driveshaft related? Torque converter? Transmission? Any ideas what to check next?

My Cars
    Did they do a roadforce balance? This is absolutely necessary when chasing a vibration. Did they check for bent wheels?

If you just went to Joe Blow tire shop, and asked for a balance job, they likely didn't do any of these. Maybe they did, and your problem is somewhere else. But in 12 years of fixing these cars for a living, 99.999999% of the time, its the tires and/or wheels.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 750 Li XDrive
    Hi Dennis,
    New to the forum but let me help you out, I had the same problem with vibration... tires replaced and rims road forced several times by BMW here in Phoenix and Scottsdale... however, I just had tranny leak that was repaired but in the midst of the inspection... the GUIBO was BADDER than Michael Jackson... cracks on every bolt hole causing a very unwanted vibration... 2012 750Li XDRIVE..., If you drive like I do... and you've done your due diligence with tires, replace the GUIBO... my car loss the vibration but I truly think the timing chain is about to BLOW!!!!!!!