Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Everyone on FB groups instead?

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    I like anything with bead locks and a parachute.

Literally anything.
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicker10u View Post

I don’t think that is very appealing. For the Honduh scene it would be JDM Tyte only if it came with fake Bride seats and Green Takata belts. Dori Dori Tokyo Style.

Just like the guy near me with an battleship grey wrapped E36 M3 with no inner door panels, cut springs for stance (because stance is lyfe) smashed front valance-see cut springs and stance, and conversation about his Nurburgring Forza times. Claims he is Euro as Hell. Never been out of the tri-state area.

Poseurs are poseurs regardless. I like what I like and rarely give a shite what others think. That’s the beauty of having a few years under your belt. You care less about that crap.

I just love that this forum still exists and will do my best to continue to support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you associated with TRM in any official capacity?

My Cars
    E36 M3 Turbo, 2015 GTI,
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaze View Post
    Are you associated with TRM in any official capacity?
    Nope. Had never heard of them until I researched and purchased my car. I had heard of Nick G from a friend that had owned a turbo M3 in the past (Adam Kosela) but Not TRM though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken

95' Dakar M3
    (GT35) 500whp+ and no clue what I'm doing....
    Steedspeed Twin-scroll Manifold, Wiseco 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Supertech Valvetrain, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) Twin-Scroll 1.06 AR, Schrick Cams, TRM Tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix, Coilovers, Chassis Stuffs.

My Cars
    Chevy, xBMW's, LS Volvo
    Facebook has definitely taken over and killed forums. Info isn't archived, and it's the morons feeding the morons. I swear it's doing nothing but making people dumber. If I didn't need FB for my business I would have deleted mine long ago. Sadly, I make more than half my living via facebook marketing.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Recently joined a few FB E36 groups so I could see E36's on my feed daily and I can you tell first hand its nothing but a joke.

Not sure what it is? Maybe people act dumber because their posts are seen instantly? Or its just so easily accessible so instead of thinking before they speak, they just speak? You would think it would be the opposite and that people would try to represent themselves more professionally than on here since their pictures and some of your personal info is on FB. Not the case...

I'm seriously considering swapping my Jank into a clean E30 to not be part of the 'e36 scene' I see on FB. I want no parts of it

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Not to judge the FaceBook lifestyle,
    but that bed sheet tells a story.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Hey gotta an idea... Someone should start a thread "dumb FB posts" or similar to deter people from it... or it might do the opposite actually

- - - Updated - - -

And another...

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Maybe we can all sell our S52/M52 manifolds on facebook?

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Maybe we can all sell our S52/M52 manifolds on facebook?
    I already offered to sell him an M50 for when he screws his up. He seemed interested

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    We need to tell him to keep trying with the M52 manifold until we sell all of ours to him.

My Cars
    86 325es
    If I'm honest forced induction is the only forum on this site I ever bother looking at. The other technical forums are just stupid crap about how to put Chinese lights on your car or make it impossible to drive over speed bumps. Every time I read anything in the model specific forums I just can't believe the dumbass shit people write, and half the time the person writing said dumb shit know nothing window licker comments is someone that others treat as some kind of subject expert. Usually because that person has $5000 worth of worthless crap they've bolted on there car and a pathetic enough life to read around on the internet for hours to copy and paste theories and ideas from people even dumber than them when someone asks them a question. These are the people that are so insecure about there own expertise that they are incapable of saying "I don't know", even when the subject is so far out of there experience that they have no business even talking about it.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    BookFace has ruined our cars and our Country. Or is it BookFace ruined the cars and marriages , and Twitter ruined the country ?
    I can't count the amount of divorces I hear about due to FaceBooking. Crazy.
    Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Butters Stoch; 11-06-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    What's very sad/scary is that there are likely MORE BMW owners purchasing and installing these lamps
    than than there are unique, reliable turbo builds that we don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by 328iFun View Post

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    BookFace has ruined our cars and our Country. Or is it BookFace ruined the cars and marriages , and Twitter ruined the country ?
    I can't count the amount of divorces I hear about due to FaceBooking. Crazy.
    Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

If facebook ruined any marriages, believe me, it wast gonna work out anyways.
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    F@ck, that didn't last long

Got kicked out of the group already, that lasted like 3 days.... Too honest I guess

Told the manifold guy that his idea was the 2nd most stupid thing I had seen on FB yet. 1st was the guy trying to sell 95' 120,000 mile M3 for $19,000 because it had 'upgraded' air suspension.

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Is Gordon the President?

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy2800 View Post
    If I'm honest forced induction is the only forum on this site I ever bother looking at. The other technical forums are just stupid crap about how to put Chinese lights on your car or make it impossible to drive over speed bumps. Every time I read anything in the model specific forums I just can't believe the dumbass shit people write, and half the time the person writing said dumb shit know nothing window licker comments is someone that others treat as some kind of subject expert. Usually because that person has $5000 worth of worthless crap they've bolted on there car and a pathetic enough life to read around on the internet for hours to copy and paste theories and ideas from people even dumber than them when someone asks them a question. These are the people that are so insecure about there own expertise that they are incapable of saying "I don't know", even when the subject is so far out of there experience that they have no business even talking about it.
    Lol, you nailed it. I am on few FB FI groups and most of it is drifters with cheap ebay FI setups that blow up within weeks. I would say forums are dying simply because they are not iphone friendly.

My Cars
    86 325es
    Your the last person to talk

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    95 M3
    Facebook is definitely taking away from forum traffic. It sucks because you aren't left with an easily searchable archive of information. The posting format really fucking blows too in terms of long conversations too. Photobucket pretty much killing every build and diy thread was another nail in the coffin. I do still lurk this forum as well as the turbo and LS section of yellowbullet. Thats about it these days. For all the shit Ive unfollowed on FB, its basically just classifieds and a stead stream of 1320video reposts now.
    95 M3, 5.3 LS, PTE 7675CEA, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
    10.4@136 Pump gas at 3530lbs.

Build thread
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...LS-Turbo-build

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    i like the facebook groups. I find it much easier to find info compared to the forums. i find it easier to find hard information that you could never find in the forums like a specific thread pitch of a bolt. there are thousand and thousands in those groups at least one can answer your question. I do agree, there are a lot of goobers posting as well, but thats expected when you can grab an m3 for less than 5k now. Nature of the beast.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my builds on youtube and IG.

www.youtube.com/thenameskam

@thenameskam on IG

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iFun View Post
    For example:

fast image hosting
    Came here to ask about sleeving a bad S52 I have to use for F/I

Now all I want to do is sell my E36

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

Or, rationally, remove the cute lil facebook group from your phone.
    You'll never have to suffer the stench of roadkill.

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy2800 View Post
    So much truth here.
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

Yup and get an e30. Adults drive e30s