Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Japanese GP @ Suzuka

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Nice work by the driving god. Well controlled race. to MAX,RIC and BOT. Thug Vettel, ghosts of Malaysia come back to haunt him. Should not have used his car as a weapon against Stroll.

Ferrari should make him renounce his thuggish ways. The dumb cretin is just throwing away points.

My Cars
    '89 535i/5, '88 735i/5
    I'd like to make a donation. A box of spark plugs. Anyone got Ferrari's address?

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Ferrari boss is going to make some heads roll come next GP. Can't believe this reliability or quality control problems

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    Ferrari boss is going to make some heads roll come next GP. Can't believe this reliability or quality control problems
    Heads are rolling first thing tomorrow morning at Maranello.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    TBD
    Urgh, it's hard when your driver drives for one of "those" teams.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    What a qualifying session and race by Hamilton! He drives like a machine ie Schumacher.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by mgambini View Post
    What a qualifying session and race by Hamilton! He drives like a machine ie Schumacher.
    With no real competition, yes. Unlike Schumi, Ham is not so smooth when he is not in front of the field, untouchable in his space ship AMG.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Yeah, um, who is Hamilton racing against? He is fast compared to what? He lost to Rosberg, so he must be thanking his lucky stars that Mercedes hired an even slower guy this time to be his only competitor.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I'd say credit yesterday goes to Verstappen for keeping up and challenging in the Red Bull. I felt bad Alonso just missed out on points at home and that he had to back off to let the leaders through. Blue flags are ridiculous.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    TBD
    It's like no-one remembers Trulli trains.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster
    A lot of Hamilton haters here. He lost to Rosberg because of the reliability problems, not because of skill. Rosberg was also an excellent driver and very consistent. For a lot of this year, Ferrari has been just about even with Mercedes, and Hamilton fought a good fight against Vettel, who is another great racer. Hamilton and Vettel are the top drivers, and Verstappen is right on their heels but not consistent. I wish Alonso was in a competitive car, because he might be on the same level. But remember, Hamilton as a rookie, competed on the same level as Alonso.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    He lost to Rosberg by scoring fewer points than Rosberg.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    A lot of Hamilton haters here. He lost to Rosberg because of the reliability problems, not because of skill. Rosberg was also an excellent driver and very consistent. For a lot of this year, Ferrari has been just about even with Mercedes, and Hamilton fought a good fight against Vettel, who is another great racer. Hamilton and Vettel are the top drivers, and Verstappen is right on their heels but not consistent. I wish Alonso was in a competitive car, because he might be on the same level. But remember, Hamilton as a rookie, competed on the same level as Alonso.
    +44

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    It's like no-one remembers Trulli trains.
    Fix the problem, not the symptom. The cars should be able to get near each other, and hopefully the next formula will address that. Speed means nothing if the racing isn't good, and working through lap traffic is a key part of racing strategy in most other forms of motorsport. They mentioned in the NBCSN broadcast for this race that Senna's 88 pole lap was 14 or so seconds slower than this year's, but everyone seems to miss watching those cars nonetheless.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Fix the problem, not the symptom. The cars should be able to get near each other, and hopefully the next formula will address that. Speed means nothing if the racing isn't good, and working through lap traffic is a key part of racing strategy in most other forms of motorsport. They mentioned in the NBCSN broadcast for this race that Senna's 88 pole lap was 14 or so seconds slower than this year's, but everyone seems to miss watching those cars nonetheless.
    I am not disagreeing with the above.

I disagree that blue flags aren't necessary with the formula as it has made itself for the last decade (or longer).

When the rules changed this year and F1 spoke about lower rear wings I was seriously worried that the cars wouldn't be able to run closer through corners. Check my post history. I just believe that blue flags are necessary. If they weren't I'd gladly be rid of them.

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Not a lie that there are quite a few people here that dont like Ham, haters could be a bit exaggerated. The reliability problems, breakdowns and accidents are part of the game. Rosberg had many of them in the previous years, including DNF because of a failed steering wheel.
    If Ham becomes a champion this year, would it be fair to say that Vettel lost because of reliability problems? Or because of an accident (Singapore)?
    This question is for Vamp too, so he doesnt feel completely ignored
    Last edited by bawareca; 10-10-2017 at 10:02 AM.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Why wasn't Hulk penalized for forcing Kimi off track early in the race?
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    I am not disagreeing with the above.

I disagree that blue flags aren't necessary with the formula as it has made itself for the last decade (or longer).

When the rules changed this year and F1 spoke about lower rear wings I was seriously worried that the cars wouldn't be able to run closer through corners. Check my post history. I just believe that blue flags are necessary. If they weren't I'd gladly be rid of them.
    I also agree about that; I think it's mostly frustration that things have to be this way. It makes it look so choreographed and... Sterile, I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, people losing due to reliability problems is part of the deal. Maybe it's unfair, maybe it's not, but lots of seasons would look completely different if that weren't a factor. Heck, Jim Clark would have won 5 of 7 championships if that weren't the case, not to mention a bonus Indy 500 and who knows what else. And he wouldn't be dead.

My Cars
    TBD
    Yeah, overtaking back markers used to be skill (when the cars weren't so aerodynamically sensitive). A driver could keep a contender behind using traffic or he could use traffic to pounce.

Now though, I'm sad to say, we really need the blue flags, or do we? Instead of using blue flags as a cure for the symptom, why don't we use the lack of blue flags to cure the cause?

Could we use the removal of blue flags to force the top teams to rethink their aero? If say Merc, Ferrari, RBR couldn't rely on blue flags I'm 100% sure they'd design their cars to be able to lap backmarkers more easily.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    By doing what? Creating more washout and tire degradation for those fighting for position? The increase in aero has made passing more difficult and fans are missing out on those battles we saw in the 80s and 90s.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    By doing what? Creating more washout and tire degradation for those fighting for position? The increase in aero has made passing more difficult and fans are missing out on those battles we saw in the 80s and 90s.
    By designing cars to minimize rear turbulence, and/or at least making the cars less sensitive to turbulence (via simplification of the front wing perhaps). Problem being that for the past X years track position is critical - because if you're in the lead you get clean air - and anyone trying to pass has to work through the leading car's turbulent air. Therefore there's a huge advantage for running in front in the clean air. Get rid of the 6 slat uber complex front wings and then the turbulence won't matter AS much as it does now.

I was really disappointed when they lowered the height of the rear wing. It creates so much more turbulence lower down that the front wings suffer even more. The high back wings were an attempt to clean up the airflow at the rear of the car. The FIA (and the teams that supported this new rule) really messed up IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12