eBMWParts

Thread: “Stance” question that I thought I knew the answer to...

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport

“Stance” question that I thought I knew the answer to...

I bought ST Coilovers from KV and lowered my E60. My wheels are M-Sport style-135M with 15mm spacers on rears and 5mm spacers on fronts. ET (offset) on the wheels is 20(mm).

So...I really thought it would be right look “right” by doing what I did, the way I did it. It looks good, but I wonder if I should have pushed farther.

For instance, I see cars in pictures with the tires even with the rear fender and only 3/4” of spacing between the fender and tire vertically. I see fronts with the same.
    They look fantastic, but I can’t help thinking that they have to rub horribly as soon as any kind of bump is encountered, or even during hard cornering. No?

I’m thinking about new wheels down the road and I’m just not sure how much is too much.

Comments?? Thanks.

// Radar //

3F2131F6-3917-49DE-A1D1-E2984E13FD6D.jpgD0F32C6E-867A-41D9-A660-A98B9B346647.jpgC0109D78-75AE-48C7-926D-2E2201C3C20C.jpg2278FC0A-E370-465F-8682-698FD0353847.jpg
    2010 E60 535i N54 {sleeper}
    M-Sport, Alpine White w/Natural Brown Leather
    Coilovers, APEX Race Wheels
    Trebila-tuned motor, xHP Stage3 tranny tune,
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello - if the above images are of your current setup, I would leave it alone. It looks like your back tires are already tucked in under the fender. Going any further will likely result in needing additional work down to avoid rubbing. A new set of wheels will completely change the look and your mind likely too - just my 2 cents... Please let us know if you have any questions!
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    Hello - if the above images are of your current setup, I would leave it alone. It looks like your back tires are already tucked in under the fender. Going any further will likely result in needing additional work down to avoid rubbing.
    That is my current setup and the rears are tucked under. So, is this the correct look or do I raise the car up and move the wheel out further, so that they are even with the outside of the fender? (I know, there's no right and wrong, etc.., its all what I like its my car, blah blah blah...lol). I can achieve this with spacers or on my new wheel purchase (possibly also needing spacers).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post
    A new set of wheels will completely change the look and your mind likely too
    Meaning what? (sorry, not sure I understand) Look better merely getting new wheels, or new wheels would be able to fix stance issues?

// Radar //
    Last edited by radarcontact; 10-03-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!

My Cars
    97 M3 Coupe
    New wheels could change the stance if you change the offset depending on what you go with. I think it looks good as is, or you could space out the rears a little more but that all up to what you really want it to look like in the end. If you are thinking new wheels however, I wouldnt change spacers untill those are mounted on the car.

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport
    Thanks, and yes I agree.

This picture of this amazing M5 is what I picture as the ultimate stance (although I still wonder about rubbing issues on this car). I know that I don’t have the big flared fenders, but getting as close to this with what I have, and still being rub-free, is my goal.

7DB8F359-3BD9-49FD-A4BB-FEBCFBD18402.jpeg
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Keep in mind that cars you see with minute wheel/fender clearances often have rolled fenders and other somewhat destructive mods that you don't necessarily want to do to a nice car (unless it's a racecar, then go crazy).
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    Keep in mind that cars you see with minute wheel/fender clearances often have rolled fenders and other somewhat destructive mods that you don't necessarily want to do to a nice car (unless it's a racecar, then go crazy).
    True, true.
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!