Thread: What would you do?

My Cars
    06 325xi, JDM DC2, SC300

What would you do?

So I brought my 535 in due to the "Drivetrain Malfunction" which turned out after 3 weeks of diagnostics to be a broken exhaust valve.. The following image is how I brought my vehicle in to the dealer:

b4bmwdealer2.jpgb4bmwdealer.jpg

This is how the dealer gave it back to me:

afterbmwdealer1.jpgafterbmwdealer2.jpg

The images above are of glue left over by some protective film the dealer placed on my car, then left sitting in the sun. My car is garage kept, even at work its sitting in the parking garage covered. The dealer put that film over the hood to protect the exposed valvetrain from getting dirt or rain water in it while parts came in. Yes, the dealer washed the car prior to turning it back over to me. I didn't notice the damage until I got to work. I'm not complaining... I'm not even going to guestimate the cost to fix this... there are semi deep scratches through the clear, with baked glue residue, but my car works again.. All stuff I can fix myself in a couple of hours..

Im not mad, well just a little, not in the fact this happen, but that they thought it was ok to give my car back in such a condition. I'm more upset that I hand washed, polished, waxed, and topped off their loaner (a green convertable 230i.., I got hit on by suspect dudes everywhere..).

Im just asking what anyone else would do if their vehicle came back like mine..

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Talk with service manager, not the advisor

My Cars
    E90, E46
    Most times the car wash is a separate company from the dealership. The dealership sublets out the car washes services and pays per car or per day. Untimately no matter who was responsible for the cleaning the car never should have been returned to you in that condition. The service advisor should have caught that before you picked it up. I would talk with the service manager. Be firm but polite.