Thread: Driving value of M-brakes, Adaptive vs. non Suspen., adapt. cruise, adapt. steering

My Cars
    2000 528i; 1989 Supra

Driving value of M-brakes, Adaptive vs. non Suspen., adapt. cruise, adapt. steering

Looking to pick up an F33, 435i. Seeking input on the drive-ability value of a few features since I do not have enough real world experience in the vehicles. There is a $$ difference of about $3k with option A being higher. Both are nearly fully equipped and the same except -

Option A: Red/black (ext/int); 36K mi; Adaptive cruise; Adaptive M suspension; M performance brakes; dynamic steering

Option B: Black/red; 23K mi; standard cruise; M suspension; standard brakes

I have read not many find a difference in the brakes beside a good look. I am not a huge fan of electric assisted steering so the dynamic vs. non dynamic concerns me and the adaptive vs non-adaptive suspension also is a concern as the idea of a slightly softer vs stiffer suspension on demand is nice. Do you find these features very valuable and can attest to the differences in handling? Any input is appreciated. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of waiting too long --- need a car.

My Cars
    E90, E46
    I'd personally get the model with the M brakes. Both models stop well and the average driver probably won't notice a difference until it's time to replace them $$ but they certainly look badass.
    The feature of adaptive cruise is a convenience thing. Some people like it, some don't but that's why it's an option.
    As far as not being a fan of electric assist power steering I think your boned as most new models have EPS or electric steering and don't even have a power steering reservoir. The difference with active steering or not if the amount of steering wheel turn during slower maneuvers. As speed increases the assist or ratio decreases. Aside from parking lot speeds most can't tell an active steering vehicle from a non active steering vehicle.
    Wether you get the active suspension or not you won't push that car to its limit as very few are competent or capable enough, not to mention pushing the car to the brink of losing control during normal dry conditions requires breaking many traffic laws. It's another bell and whistle and a cool option to tell your buddies you have.

My Cars
    2000 528i; 1989 Supra
    Thanks Slack. My mind has been made for me. I just lost the black car today. Saves me a plane trip and 7 hour ride though

I do push things but not crazy. I just want to have a fun car again! I miss DD'ing the poopra (supra) - this should almost get me there minus the jet engine sound which is oh so so sooo sweet.

My Cars
    2000 528i; 1989 Supra
    Rewrite - for some reason my last one needed mod approval???

Thank you for the input Slacktube. My mind has been made for me. Black one is sold.

I just want something that is fun to drive again like the poopra (supra) is; i don't DD it anymore. This should get me close minus the sweet sweet sound of a jet engine under the hood.
    Last edited by iwantmkiii; 09-29-2017 at 10:02 PM.