Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hinrichs Hillclimb/street/no idea what I am building....build thread

My Cars
    97 M3 Coupe
    IMG_6833 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    IMG_6834 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Where I am at currently. I think I am down to 11 fuses. I know I can get rid of more, and I will start planning on just rewiring with my own relay/fuse panel. I have been looking at the painless stuff but not really sure I need to get that fancy with this. I will be keeping as much oem wiring as I can for lights just to save some money and not have to redo that part of the harness. I would love some kind of pdm to use, but they just seem far to expensive for this car right now.

My Cars
    97 M3 Coupe
    Really have not had a lot of time in the garage lately, but made up for it last night. Turned on the heater and got to work. Well worked with what I could.

Rear bumper pulled....I will have an update on why for this later this week. Diffuser made it kinda annoying, but it was mostly 4 bolts. Man is the bumper/diffuser setup heavy as hell.

IMG_6984 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Now back onto the wiring. Here is the heaviest and largest box. I really need to get a battery for my scale. This has what I thought would have been everything I was going to pull. Well I was very wrong.

IMG_6988 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Here is more I pulled....

IMG_6987 by minthinrich, on Flickr

This is kinda what will go back in, or adapted into other things and new harness. I have some ideas like a removable harness for headlights...but thats down the line. I figure when they are needed I can plug all that in since they are only installed for inspections.

IMG_6986 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Finally got the stock fuse box out. I know a lot of guys will say they used it....I might since I saved everything and a lot of wires I pinned out. Its just large and I dont see it being necessary. I will make up a block off plate soon enough.

IMG_6989 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I really want to look into a new steering column. I pulled out the stock ignition switch and also the lock cylinder. Sadly there is a bearing somewhere in there so I cant just remove the housing for all those parts. Once I do a new cage I can mount a better shaft if I find a good solution.

IMG_6991 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I need to really start planning my wiring and decide which way I want to go with it. I have some ideas but they are all $$$. I dont mind spending it...but its really hard to justify. I just want it clean and to work well.

My Cars
    '99 M3 '10 X5 35d '02 M3
    Saw your ad for the car on FB, you getting out or moving to a different class?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345