Thread: Anyone seen the LS swapped E38 from the Tuning School?

My Cars
    '00 528i

Anyone seen the LS swapped E38 from the Tuning School?

There is a school in FL building an E38 and other than it being a work in progress with a turbo LS1, there hasn't been much more info released on it. They displayed it at LS Fest this year. Since nobody has completed a proper swap, I'm sure there are a great number of us interested in seeing how they've done it and would love to watch the progress. Their Instagram is the only place I've found pics of it so far. I'm gonna reach out to them to see if they'd be interested in a documented build thread or any other info I can get out of them.
    https://www.instagram.com/thetuningschool/

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBimma View Post
    There is a school in FL building an E38 and other than it being a work in progress with a turbo LS1, there hasn't been much more info released on it. They displayed it at LS Fest this year. Since nobody has completed a proper swap, I'm sure there are a great number of us interested in seeing how they've done it and would love to watch the progress. Their Instagram is the only place I've found pics of it so far. I'm gonna reach out to them to see if they'd be interested in a documented build thread or any other info I can get out of them.
    https://www.instagram.com/thetuningschool/
    Nope, but that shop is about 15 minutes from my place in FL. I just happened to notice their sign while riding by a few months ago and Googled their name later that evening.

Interesting stuff.

Tipsy

My Cars
    2003 540i6
    Looks like Current Performance Wiring did the swap. Here's a video talking about the transmission. The most you get out of the video is seeing the engine installed. -I'll post updates If I find them.

*edit
    Also, from a 2011 post I read, the e39 ls swap kit made by Bmwman528e works for the e38. He used to have a website, but it is no longer up. He is a member on bimmerforums though.
    Last edited by waters17; 11-11-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    2003 540i/6

My Cars
    E38 ls1 project
    I am currently building one need advice on wiring and the factory computers on a 735il