Thread: Replacing Panoramic Sunroof seal

My Cars
    08 535xit

Replacing Panoramic Sunroof seal

has anybody done this recently on their touring? i think mine is getting tired and i have more wind noise than i remember. i was looking to replace it. when i look on Realoem the part is ended and no other part number is listed. 54107199533

what part number did you order if you replaced the seal recently. there is a note on the part: Important! Observe PuMA procedure AG
    20315810-01

this seems to be about adjusting the sunroof after the seal replacement, but not about the seal itself.

G~
    E61 Mods: Trailer Hitch/wiring, Cargo cover roller fix, Backup camera, H&R springs, ER charge Pipe, Mishimoto catch can, boost gauge, intake scoop, JB+, CSR Rear Spoiler, Full SAT retrofit.
    Coded: legal disclaimer removal in iDrive, auto folding mirrors on lock, turn signals in HUD, fan speed indicator on when in auto, Doors unlock when key removed

E39 Mods: Euro dash conversion, Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension with Camber kit, 2.81 differential, flappy paddle with double pull M mode activation/deactivation, backup camera, Video playback on Nav computer (iPod Video for video storage and playback), stereo video playback through DSP, MKIV computer, RPA Tire Pressure retrofit, Intravee II iPod integration, Euro armrest, HUD, Parrot BT, voice recognition module, trailer hitch/wiring, rear mounted 10" subwoofer with amplifier, lighted interior door handles, Evans coolant.

My Cars
    2004 E60 545i
    I just did mine on E60 assume process is the same and yes you're correct that procedure is to just calibrate the sunroof after replacing the seal easy DIY, tricky part was for me to get the new seal on straight in all places and getting sore thumb from "rolling off the old glue" there was a write up I used from the other forum that helped me.
    put your front seats forward and stand in the back of the car.
    ">'85 Mlite E30, '98 E36, 1998 528i, 5 spd manual, black on black, sold in 2012 and still going past 350Kkms, now MYSTIC Blue 2004 545i, 6 spd Steptr., Adaptive steering and Xenons, Anti dazzle mirrors. Aux+Belt-Chime+Dig speedo+iDrive discl. 2007 TCU+BT Coded+Sure BT Board

My Cars
    08 535xit
    thank you for replying. the process is very similar. the problem i am asking about is that there is not a current part number for the seal for the e61. the only part number listed (which is also for a few other series cars wth the panoramic sunroof) is showing as ended without another part number to replace it. if you go to sites that check your vin against part numbers this part number shows as not compatible with the e61.

G~
    E61 Mods: Trailer Hitch/wiring, Cargo cover roller fix, Backup camera, H&R springs, ER charge Pipe, Mishimoto catch can, boost gauge, intake scoop, JB+, CSR Rear Spoiler, Full SAT retrofit.
    Coded: legal disclaimer removal in iDrive, auto folding mirrors on lock, turn signals in HUD, fan speed indicator on when in auto, Doors unlock when key removed

E39 Mods: Euro dash conversion, Dinan exhaust, Dinan suspension with Camber kit, 2.81 differential, flappy paddle with double pull M mode activation/deactivation, backup camera, Video playback on Nav computer (iPod Video for video storage and playback), stereo video playback through DSP, MKIV computer, RPA Tire Pressure retrofit, Intravee II iPod integration, Euro armrest, HUD, Parrot BT, voice recognition module, trailer hitch/wiring, rear mounted 10" subwoofer with amplifier, lighted interior door handles, Evans coolant.

My Cars
    2004 E60 545i
    According to realoem the new part 54107430946 is ok,to,use
    So you're good to go.
    ">'85 Mlite E30, '98 E36, 1998 528i, 5 spd manual, black on black, sold in 2012 and still going past 350Kkms, now MYSTIC Blue 2004 545i, 6 spd Steptr., Adaptive steering and Xenons, Anti dazzle mirrors. Aux+Belt-Chime+Dig speedo+iDrive discl. 2007 TCU+BT Coded+Sure BT Board

My Cars
    08 535xit
    realoem.jpgcool, that must have been updated either today or yesterday. i guess i can not post a screen shot of Realoem from Friday not showing the updated part.

Thank you,

G~
    Last edited by Reefin Dude; 09-25-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added pic

My Cars
    2004 E60 545i
    IMG_7477.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefin Dude View Post
    cool, that must have been updated either today or yesterday. i guess i can not post a screen shot of Realoem from Friday not showing the updated part.

Thank you,

G~

My Cars
    08 535xit
    ok, i just got done replacing the seal on the sunroof, and as expected i got the anti-trap error the first time i started up the car.

i have tried all the different methods to re-initialize the sunroof and none of them are working. the sunroof goes through the procedure until it gets to to where the cover retracts, then it stops. i do hear minor switching being tried, but the sunroof itself does not start to retract to finish the procedure.

the sunroof worked fine up until this point. i had the sunroof open when doing the seal replacement. i felt i was pretty careful during the entire process, so not sure what could have gone wrong. everything looks clear.

any ideas?

Thank You,

G~

My Cars
    08 535xit
    it looks like my sunroof is part of the rear sunroof problem that is apparently pretty common. i am not not able to get my rear sunroof to open, which seems like the tell tale sign that the entire cartridge needs to be replaced. either that or do the dremel fix. right now i just pulled fuse #66 to not be annoyed by the warning gong every time i start up the car.

i will probably end up doing the Dremel "repair" instead of replacing the entire sunroof cartridge.

G~