Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Z3 OT: Your "other" cars

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    Turns out I am NOT a drop top daily driver guy.

I'll be selling the 06 M3V likely soon and have my sights on possibly getting into an 01+ E39M5. If anyone is interested in trading or letting me test drive one locally to see how I feel about them let me know.

Also kicking around the idea of dropping a Toyota V8 into the 4Runner and driving it daily again as I miss my "bigger" vehicle. So keeping an eye out for a 2UZ swap donor.
    those both sound like good ideas!

This is in my garage right now. (M roadster is in storage currently) Needs some work. 1993 Mazda RX-7 w/ LS1 6-speed swap.
    IMG_3063.jpgIMG_3069.jpg
    Last edited by Venom13132; 02-12-2018 at 07:24 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    ^^^ thats nice!

I posted a feeler for sale ad on my 98 M3 in my local facebook group this morning, sold the car in less than 12 hours. Didn't get full asking price but very close, and I kept my LTW wheels from it too. Threw the black style 32's from my coupe on it...

Bittersweet. Think it was a good car, I just don't have the time to give it the love it needed. Still chasing gremlins on the M coupe, and working on the X5 rod bearings next week once parts get here, S54 has been needing some work as well and going to need valve shims soon so need to get that X5 fixed to daily that again.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '02 BMW Z3 2.5
    Just took delivery of a 2018 Auidi Q5 Prestige, Utopia Blue, Rock Gray interior, Driver Assist Pkg, Warm Wx Pkg, 20” wheels

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 1.9
    Current toys....

Past toys from various stages of my life....

My Boys' toys....

And my dream toy! I know the guy that bought out the original Shelby warehouse and is now the sole distributor of Shelby Series 1 and 2 parts...makes these out of the original Shelby Series 1 chassis (he has 100 in his warehouse!)...Choice of fiberglass or my favorite hand finished one piece aluminum....tasty!

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8L
    Buckle up everybody....

In addition to the 1997 2.8L Z3 I would like to present....

IMG_20170528_112531.jpg

My wife's Toyota Sienna!

She loves this thing...good kid hauler. It's a 2009 that I picked up with 45k miles on it and came sporting a salvage title (great buy). And my winter vehicle is the following:

IMG_20170121_165303.jpg

It's a 2011 Sierra 1500 WT (Work Truck) model. 5.3L V8 4x4 with an 8ft bed and plastic floors. Crank windows as an added feature, they just don't make many like this anymore! It too has a salvage title.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Clay Caddy updates. Front and rear are firming up a bit.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    2000 2.3 Z3, 2007 328xi
    I like it, I see Tesla, Audi, and Cadillac design but I don't know much, and BTW you got a great job!

“Great wisdom is generous; petty wisdom is contentious.” 无为

My Cars
    z3
    Caddy looks great!

Got to the rod bearings on my 217K mile X5 4.6is, they are in awful shape lol... pictures don't show how bad they really are. The first cylinder was so loose that you could jiggle the connecting rod by hand and hear the slapping of the rod against the bearing. Whats weird is that this car didn't make any noise until maybe 10 miles ago at which point it was babied home and no way did all that wear happen in that time

The crank looked great except the cylinder 1 (which had that chewed up bearing). So engine will be coming out, crank removed and machined then oversized bearings installed. The entire top end of the engine is already new except head gaskets, so since I have to take the engine out I'm going to take this time to replace the piston rings and refresh the lower part of the engine - already had most everything I needed anyways

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

Jealous!!

i just picked this up today.

2 owner (last owner got it in 2002). 1994 318is It is going to receive the S52 and 5-speed out of my 98 M roadster to make room for the LS1 T56 that will be going in this summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Nice!

At lest it's not an E12. If it was, I would have been very jealous...
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    04 ZHP - 99 M Coupe

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post
    Nice!

At lest it's not an E12. If it was, I would have been very jealous...
    In 1975 the E12 530i replaced the bavaria in BMW's lineup, so the E3 and E12 are very closely related.

Chasing down a few things on it but hey, it's here and it runs! (The leak on the ground is also not from this car so thats good!)
    I promise I won't spam this thread more with pictures of it, just excited right now
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 03-05-2018 at 12:32 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    Oh man... Let's see if I can get through this here.

First car... 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Loved it to death, but it's a Mitsubishi... what can I say?

Then I upgraded significantly... To a 1991 Acura NSX. Not bad at 21 years old lol.

Bought a 1991 Mitsu Galant VR4 as a winter beater.... it broke a lot.

Sold the NSX for a 2003 Honda S2000.

Sold that for an Evo VIII MR. Never been more disappointed in a car than this thing. What a piece of shit.

Sold it for an R6 and a 325Ci

Then I finally sold those and bought my Coupe!

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    In 1975 the E12 530i replaced the bavaria in BMW's lineup, so the E3 and E12 are very closely related.

Chasing down a few things on it but hey, it's here and it runs! (The leak on the ground is also not from this car so thats good!)
    I promise I won't spam this thread more with pictures of it, just excited right now
    Why not? You should keep us posted.

In other news, the bonnet on my father's W126 280SE flew open today. Luckily the bonnet should be repairable, but it will need new hinges and a new windshield (the bonnet came out of alignment so we couldn't open or close it, and he drove too fast in that condition (on the way to a panelbeater).
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    z3
    Couple days ago I was perusing facebook... saw a local enthusiast/acquaintance (and Z3M coupe owner) post something in the local bmw buy/sell groups, something told me to check it out...

1997 328is 118K on the chassis
    Full M3 mechanical swap from a 1998 M3 with lower miles (engine, suspension, brakes, diff, everything)
    M50 manifold and Bimmer Life/Alex Fuller tune
    Aluminum Mishimoto radiator with Euro expansion tank conversion
    Stromung rear muffler and catless mid section
    M3 rear bumper, M3 side mouldings, M3 mirrors, M3 side skirts included but not installed, no front bumper
    M-Rain interior swap from 1994 325is M-Tech with Headliner, rear deck and A and C pillars are covered in synthetic suede
    BMW Motorsport front seat belts and BMW Motorsport door handles
    RC041/RC042 wheels
    Hood and roof are faded
    Driver front seat need a little work
    Car is not perfect but has a lot of good parts.
    Only selling because of move to Germany and can't take it with.

Best part was he wasn't asking a crazy amount for it. I messaged him within minutes of it being posted and set it up to be the first one to look at it... brought cash, drove it home.

The 328is chassis is also Cosmos Schwarz (isn't that unusual for a non-M E36?) and all the M3 parts they had were from a Cosmos car, I was also accidently shipped a Cosmo M3 bumper when I had the Techno car awhile back that they let me keep. So that's convenient. I've also got LTW wheels with good tires I kept from the Techno Turd - not a big fan of the RC041/42's myself... so possibly later today it'll be fully kitted out as an M3... a friend and I bought this together, but it's already been discussed that at some point I'll be buying it out... It's basically the perfect car for me.

Pictures soon

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Id a bought it too.....

asking Id guess was 5-8k...somewhere in there.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    I should list by favorites but I will start with the Z! 1998 Z3 Silver 1930 Buick Sedan 1964 Amphicar Red -Drives and swims 1967 Amphicar Aqua- project not done 1965 Mustang Convertible Blue 1975 Bricklin SV1 White 1978 Datsun 280Z Black 1998 VW Beetle 2003 Subaru Baja 2013 Chevy Avalanche

My Cars
    1995 BMW 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    Id a bought it too.....

asking Id guess was 5-8k...somewhere in there.
    Much lower lol. A few of us from WiBimmers.com wanted to make the trek to get it but it looks like it went to one of the best homes possible

back in the day, ( 1977) my buddy had a 72 Bav...........lowered, engine work etc etc etc.......greeeeeat cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by et98 View Post
    Current toys....

Past toys from various stages of my life....

My Boys' toys....

And my dream toy! I know the guy that bought out the original Shelby warehouse and is now the sole distributor of Shelby Series 1 and 2 parts...makes these out of the original Shelby Series 1 chassis (he has 100 in his warehouse!)...Choice of fiberglass or my favorite hand finished one piece aluminum....tasty!

u have some nice toys......

but as an older guy compared to others here, I gotta say that Cobra is atrocious....omg...and Im a cobra loooooover.

I will have an FIA 289 one day.....an ERA if I can find one used
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2007 Z4///MC
    Caddy looks great!

Got to the rod bearings on my 217K mile X5 4.6is, they are in awful shape lol... pictures don't show how bad they really are. The first cylinder was so loose that you could jiggle the connecting rod by hand and hear the slapping of the rod against the bearing. Whats weird is that this car didn't make any noise until maybe 10 miles ago at which point it was babied home and no way did all that wear happen in that time

The crank looked great except the cylinder 1 (which had that chewed up bearing). So engine will be coming out, crank removed and machined then oversized bearings installed. The entire top end of the engine is already new except head gaskets, so since I have to take the engine out I'm going to take this time to replace the piston rings and refresh the lower part of the engine - already had most everything I needed anyways
    Holy SHIT!!!!
    that's about a second away from a spun bearing!!

worst rod bearings ive ever seen..

WOW!!! just WOW!!!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by 318t ILL View Post
    Much lower lol. A few of us from WiBimmers.com wanted to make the trek to get it but it looks like it went to one of the best homes possible
    Crazy how quickly word got around on that car... I'm very grateful that he stuck to his word and let me look at it first

How it looked when we got it...

M3 bumper and LTW's on, gave it a quick wash too and made some M rain boots for it

Fixed up a few things on it already as well. Needed an alternator, luckily I had a spare from a fellow forum member (thanks again Joe!), threw a CEL for a speed sensor today - previous owner had problems with the ABS so they took the relay out so fixing that soon and fixed a minor coolant leak.

Quote Originally Posted by vanne View Post
    Holy SHIT!!!!
    that's about a second away from a spun bearing!!

worst rod bearings ive ever seen..

WOW!!! just WOW!!!
    More like minutes past having already spun the bearings...

Every single bearing was spun, not by fractions of a mm, not by fractions of an inch, but by quarter, half, or full rotations (and more) on some. Removed some connecting rod bearings from the cap side and vice versa. All the little keyed prongs that are supposed to keep them in place, every single one was worn/flattened round or missing. The one I am holding in that picture got crunched between the cyl 1 and 2 bearings/connecting rods.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    For those interested, this is the finished 1/4 Sculpt.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    2002 Z3 2.5i Roadster
    We have 4 drivers, 4 vehicles currently. No direct assignments although the 2 teenagers only get the truck or minivan except for very special occasions.

2008 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 TRO. Pulls the boat and gets the kids to high school and back daily.
    2006 T&C minivan. The beater. Will drive it until it dies a bad death - the ultimate utility multi-function vehicle.
    2010 Lexus LS460. Bought it 2 years ago with only 25k miles, my favorite car ever ever ever. Well other than my 1965 plymouth fury wagon back in high school.
    2002 BMW Z3. Brings me joy.

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe, '13 335ix
    I'm cleaning the only one that matters in this pic.

20180506_110105.jpg

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast