Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox One X, who’s getting one?

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDavidsCourt View Post
    I have played a total of about 6 hours on my launch day Xbox one... so no I wont be buying an X
    Solid bump

My Cars
    09 535ix
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    Solid bump

Ahaha I forget that outside of OT... 'recent' posts could very well be months old haha
    RIP Jess or the idea of Jess or... what OT was.. or whatever...

My Cars
    not an e30
    Wife was sneaky and pre-ordered me a Scorpio Edition. Kept it hidden until Christmas. I’m surprised that there is no huge power brick and how much smaller the X is compared to OG XB1.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    There hasn't been a power brick since the original Xbox One.

My Cars
    not an e30
    Quote Originally Posted by burninator View Post
    There hasn't been a power brick since the original Xbox One.
    I never upgraded to the S model because I thought it was a small upgrade. Either way wouldn’t an external power brick be more efficient/cause less heat in console?

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    so question, got the kids a One S... and every game we load into it.. we have to download "an update".. and each game is like a 28gig download... why does the Xbox One require all these games to be downloaded into the system ? the 360 you just put the CD in and off you go, with an occasional update needed, but it wasnt even a gig worth...

we got a 500gig system and after like 5 games, we have 30% storage left... WTF?? is this right?
    98 Estoril ///M3 4/6
    S54 swap CSL

My Cars
    not an e30
    AFAIK you don’t have to install them to the hdd, although it will let them load faster.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Quote Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
    I never upgraded to the S model because I thought it was a small upgrade. Either way wouldn’t an external power brick be more efficient/cause less heat in console?
    My S and X seem to run quite a bit cooler than my OG One did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 Shifty View Post
    so question, got the kids a One S... and every game we load into it.. we have to download "an update".. and each game is like a 28gig download... why does the Xbox One require all these games to be downloaded into the system ? the 360 you just put the CD in and off you go, with an occasional update needed, but it wasnt even a gig worth...

we got a 500gig system and after like 5 games, we have 30% storage left... WTF?? is this right?
    It smells really, really strongly of BS to me. The much larger file sizes are due to the discs now being Blu Ray instead of regular DVD. They've made console installations mandatory, though, and I personally think they block off huge amounts of data and label it as "operating system." For example, about a third of my 1TB system is reserved for the O.S. That's ridiculous and nonsensical.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    not an e30

Xbox One X, who’s getting one?

Yeah I noticed the system OS took up over 200gb. I suppose it’s not a huge deal as external drives are pretty inexpensive these days. I have a spare Samsung SSD in a USB 3 enclosure I may use if I end up needing more room. As far as the requirement to install the game I can see their point. The games are huge and r/w on a disc that size would cause some crappy load times.
    Last edited by KOTULCN; 12-29-2017 at 08:12 PM.

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    so still not worth getting? I have the halo or cod edition xbox1 and all my kids and wife have other editions but they are not the new version. my wife said she was going to get it for me for my boirthday, last Saturday but held off because she hadn't heard me talking about it too much. I told her I was glad she held off because I didn't see a need for the new model. I only play cod, battlefield, and forza, and all those work fine on my xbox1.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    If you have a 4K TV, then yes. The graphics in the One X optimized games are worth it, IMO. The console also seems to load games considerably faster than the One and One S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12