Thread: DSC + ABS won't work!

My Cars
    2001 525d touring M pack

DSC + ABS won't work!

Hello, I'm dealing with a problem for a lot of time.
    Since I got the car, DSC + ABS does not work. The DSC flashes as soon as I start off and the Abs too at 40km/h.
    The diagnosis tells methat it's the pressure sensor. I changed it, and the error persisted, I re-calibrated the steering wheel sensor 100 times, still no result. I can't explain how but once it decalibrated itself.
    So far I've changed:
    -Abs pump
    -Dsc/abs module
    -Dsc compressor
    -pressure sensor (as I said)
    -brake fluid after every operation
    -also did all the codings

I have not managed to have any results. What I have to mention is that in the meantime the car suffered a transmission swap from auto to manual and I had to change the ECU + EWS which are from a 525d manual with ASC. I also thought this might be a problem ... but the dsc and abs didn't work even before converting to manual, although the ones listed above were already changed. Am I missing something?!
    Last edited by cotrusvlad; 09-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Check all wheel speed sensors and connector wiring.

My Cars
    2001 525d touring M pack
    If so...shouldn't some error be present when running diagnostics? Because I saw none refering to some wheel sensor

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Have you checked the wheel speed sensors? I'd inspect the wires from the sensor to the connector. They dry rot, flake apart, expose the wire. Then corrosion works the wire and resistance builds up, then the wire shreds completely. The angular steering sensor. If you have recalibrated it so many times and it keeps going out of calibration, this would be enough to throw the DSC and ABS lights. The DSC works directly with the ABS system, using the speed sensors, and the angular steering sensor. I had this issue on my Touring. A new steering sensor fixed the problem, the old sensor kept going off by 2 to 3 degrees, the center section of the potentiometer in the sensor had a worn spot, hence, losing it's sense of the centerpoint. I use an old SnapOn SOLUS reader which told me where the problem was. It also lets me recalibrate the steering sensor, and as soon as you turned the steering wheel, it would go 2 to 3 degrees off. Change it out. But also inspect the wheel sensors, change them if you have to.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, pull the speed sensors, they are magnets, and if metal filings have built up, they can throw off the readings from the hub. Clean them off, reinstall them.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    ABS sensor-2 per/axle-1 per/wheel
    Front-#7 pictured here:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0255
    Rear-#24 pictured here:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=33_0524
    Last edited by MIKYZZ4; 09-19-2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added info

My Cars
    2001 525d touring M pack
    Ok, thanks! I'll inspect them.
    Also, does the ABS/DSC pump differ frome auto to manual? I've heard something about that, and a code...001 on manual and 002 on automatic? If so...that might be another problem. The pump was changed before the transmission swap (this was the only part that wasn't changed my be, but by the previous owner). I have to compare the codes from my pump and electronic module to see if they correspond to the manual code if that applies.

My Cars
    02 540, 89 535, 06 x3
    Not sure if this helps but when I replaced my brake booster I moved the brake position sensor near the pedal and didn't put it properly back in place. It caused these 2 lights to come on every time.

My Cars
    2001 525d touring M pack
    That's new for me. Where exactly can I find that sensor?

My Cars
    2003 530i, 2010 M3
    I just aquired an 03 E39 and I'm having a similar situation, I'm going to check my sensors as well.

My Cars
    02 530i
    subscribing to this as I'm about to manual swap my auto 530i and hope I don't have this issue