Thread: Body Shop review MD/DC/VA: BMW of Rockville Certified Collision Center

My Cars
    95 M3, Toyota 4x4 & 02 R1

Body Shop review MD/DC/VA: BMW of Rockville Certified Collision Center

I'd like to share my experience with BMW of Rockville Certified Collision Center which Dan Holmes advertised here about a couple months ago. Full disclosure I have known Dan for 15+ years.

Here is the short version:
    Live in DC and traveled to Hagerstown for a minor league baseball game. Next morning I noticed that someone had keyed my car from nose to rear passenger door (pissed to say the least). Last time I go to that hell hole 😉

I went to Dan not expecting any special treatment but was excited to know that what I would be told would be the truth and that I could trust him. Since I was getting paint work done through my insurance, I also figured I would pay out of pocket to take care of years of rock chips on the hood and bumper. Dan was more than willing to help me out with a mixed insurance/personal job.

Working with Dan was great because he is a former GEICO employee, so not only could he set my expectations for what his shop would do, but he also was able to speak to how GEICO would handle this claim. Having that knowledge allowed him to advise me on the out of pocket work I wanted, as there would be some overlap in the insurance job and my personal job.

For my job (not all jobs) He was able to come under budget as a result of getting GEICO to cover some cost by blending more of the panels (what they should have done) and not just pay for the least amount of paint that would cover the scratched panels.

The pics below were the daily/every other day status pics he would send me letting me know what they got done and updating the overall timeline, so it matched their progress. So it was not like most shops where it was radio silence for a week and then a call saying it's going to be three more days. With Dan, I knew each day where I stood, and I was not surprised when they finished early.

The pics don't do a great job of showing the final product, but it looks amazing. No overspray that you can feel when you run your hand over the orig paint. No tape lines inside the door jams. No issues with panel lines that are slightly off, no trim panels that just don't sit right. A job that I would be proud to take credit for.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kyle M; 09-16-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: I never get it right the first time.

My Cars
    95 M3, Toyota 4x4 & 02 R1
    More Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images