Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Singapore GP @ Marina Bay

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    Drop the biases and it's very obviously a racing incident. Unfortunate.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Well that was a craptacular race. Once the rain stopped and everybody was locked in, no real passing.

Would have liked to have seen Hulk get his first podium.

As he said, if Alonso hadn't gotten clipped in the first corner incident, he'd have been leading the race. Would have been cool to see that.

Any reason for the extra lap they tacked on the end after the 2-hour mark was reached?
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    yay
    What happened to Ricciardo's pace from Saturday?

Man, what an awful race...
    Last edited by xxxxxxx; 09-18-2017 at 10:55 AM.

My Cars
    TBD
    After the racing incident I had hopes for a Hulk podium - then his hydraulic issue - what a disappointing race. Sainz did okay though. Really didn't enjoy FOM getting the tires and pits info wrong on the side bar when the pit stops were happening.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Haha, of course Verstappen gets no penlalty for driving right into Kimi!!! Classic FIA!! Classic f***ing a****le Charlie!!

It is an indisputable fact that Vettel was in no way at all anything but a victim of Verstappen crashing into Kimi, sending Kimi into Vettel.

It is a 10000% fact, since Vettel was COMPLETELY ahead of Verstappen. Someone completely ahead cannot 'squeeze' anyone in any way or collide with the guy BEHIND!!

As to Kimi, how can HE be to blame for Verstappen blindly veering into him??

One can only speculate as to why Verstappen decided to jink to the left and hit Kimi, probably because once Vettel went to the left to start covering the inside line Verstappen also went left in order to see if he can still push his nose in during braking. But was he looking at Vettel so intensely that he actually failed to see Kimi there on the left, even though Kimi was so far ahead of him? I guess it's possible that he never saw Kimi until impact, as Kimi was going past so fast and therefore if Verstappen was concentrating on first looking to the right and then ahead of him, he only had a very brief fractions of a second to even be able to see Kimi popping up from the left. Since Verstappen NEGLECTED to be aware of his surroundings... All Verstappen's fault and it's impossible for anyone to try to make it into anyone else's fault. He jinked to the left and hit Kimi. Period.

The reason so many people are so wrong about the collision is because most footage shown is with a tele lens from the front, distorting how the distances between the cars look, especially between VET and VER. This different angle shows how clear it is that Vettel was in no way to blame as he was completely clear of Max before he veered left, and how Verstappen hit Kimi and the only way he was even able to affect Vettel ahead of him was by using Kimi's Ferrari as a tool since Kimi was almost past him and moving at a faster pace too:
    Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.26.38.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 20.27.14.png
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Haha, of course Verstappen gets no penlalty for driving right into Kimi!!! Classic FIA!! Classic f***ing a****le Charlie!!

It is an indisputable fact that Vettel was in no way at all anything but a victim of Verstappen crashing into Kimi, sending Kimi into Vettel.

It is a 10000% fact, since Vettel was COMPLETELY ahead of Verstappen. Someone completely ahead cannot 'squeeze' anyone in any way or collide with the guy BEHIND!!

As to Kimi, how can HE be to blame for Verstappen blindly veering into him??

One can only speculate as to why Verstappen decided to jink to the left and hit Kimi, probably because once Vettel went to the left to start covering the inside line Verstappen also went left in order to see if he can still push his nose in during braking. But was he looking at Vettel so intensely that he actually failed to see Kimi there on the left, even though Kimi was so far ahead of him? I guess it's possible that he never saw Kimi until impact, as Kimi was going past so fast and therefore if Verstappen was concentrating on first looking to the right and then ahead of him, he only had a very brief fractions of a second to even be able to see Kimi popping up from the left. Since Verstappen NEGLECTED to be aware of his surroundings... All Verstappen's fault and it's impossible for anyone to try to make it into anyone else's fault. He jinked to the left and hit Kimi. Period.

The reason so many people are so wrong about the collision is because most footage shown is with a tele lens from the front, distorting how the distances between the cars look, especially between VET and VER. This different angle shows how clear it is that Vettel was in no way to blame as he was completely clear of Max before he veered left, and how Verstappen hit Kimi and the only way he was even able to affect Vettel ahead of him was by using Kimi's Ferrari as a tool since Kimi was almost past him and moving at a faster pace too:
    I'm buying what you're selling, but asking an F1 driver, or any other race car driver to lift or outright brake is like herding cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Haifisch M3 View Post
    Kimi if anyone.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    ^ You mean Thug Kimi.

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38

My Cars
    M42,M60,M62,M62TU
    I still call it a racing incident. Vettel and Kimi couldn't see each other. From different angles (incar Verstappen) it looks either like Vettel forced Verstappen into Kimi, or Kimi cut in on Verstappen (Vid above). I haven't seen anything that makes it look like Verstappen caused anything (could have avoided; maybe). No Maldonado's here.

e34 540i/6 :: e30
    M62/6 :: e30 318is :: c5 Z06

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Yep, racing incident. No one's fault.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    ^ You mean Thug Kimi.

No, its laggard Kimi, Vettel retains the title of Ultimate Thug.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Racing incident.

Max seems to be involved in substantially all of them, oddly enough.

My Cars
    None yet
    Max could've lifted, but like m3fuz said, racing drivers don't do that. Racing incident

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    17 Raptor|05 GTO|00 P38
    I'm glad to see that Half Fish and Vomp are in the minority here.

My Cars
    M3TTst2Meth-K1300S-1100G
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post

after reviewing the bird's eye view video I agree with this, I was wrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12