Thread: Thoughts on ceramic coating for new M4

My Cars
    2017 BMW M4

Thoughts on ceramic coating for new M4

Does anyone think that this is necessary? Also, advice on products to clean the car?

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! I don't know if it's 'necessary' but it may add some extra overall protection. I'm attaching a link to our site's Car Care section where we have a multitude of products to help clean and protect your ride. Are you looking for general cleaning supplies or something specific like a wax/polishes?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...S_car_care.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    2017 BMW M4
    thank for the response. I agree, probably not necessary. I'll save my money. Thanks for the link.

My Cars
    M4, X6M, M3, 645
    Necessarily, this is my third machine that I cover with 10 layers, looks amazing.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Not a fan of ceramic coatings because they bring their own set of maintenance that your average person doesn't know about which means it can easily turn into something ruined.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Ford Everest Ambiente 2
    I have to disagree, ceramic coating products are significant and relevant products, it will help in preserving the value of your car so that if time comes you want to sell it, you will be selling it at high price. Also, ceramic coating unlike paint protection they give a super hydrophobic effect that will deflect foreign particles from the surface making cleaning a breeze because dirt will just take off easily. getting your car clean and protected longer. Got my car coated and i would say it was a fair price and will get my wife/s car as well this month. This nano ceramic brand works for me https://callingalldetailers.com/coll...-nano-coatings. hope it helps

My Cars
    BMW M3
    It is always better to have that paint protection. But not necessary...

Polymer coatings provide a better hardness than the clear coat and serve as a physical barrier between the clearcoat and environmental elements. Some coatings are thicker and harder than other, but this impacts the optical clarity causing certain colors to show imperfections/streaking on the coating. I suggest you check some detailing forums like auto geek. They focus on the details of the various coatings.