Thread: To sell or not to sell the M:

To sell or not to sell the M:

I have a '95 Daytona Violet M3, 87k, manual, great condition, cloth interior w/ suede side bolsters, I love it.. I have another car in mind that would require me to sell the M.
    I discovered it yesterday, and found it to be a steal. Its a '91 325ix, (doesn't have those hideous steel bumpers), manual, coupe, 55k original miles, extreme mint, sterling silver on black leather...literally showroom..Ive never seen anything like it, all for $5,500!! I looked for an ix before I purchased my M3..unable to find one I bought an E36 M3 on a whim. (before would have bought this'ix' in a heartbeat...)
    So now I am very cofused as to what I should do..and need some input from someone else.. gota run to class..

(I tried to post a poll, but it wouldn't let me.. heres what the choices would say:

1) Sell the M3, get the 325ix....save money for a condo

2)Keep the M3, continue to pay it off.. while being very happy still living w/ b/f's parents)
    Last edited by Daytona///M3Chik; 02-25-2002 at 02:49 PM.
    Daytona born on 7/24/95
    relocated to U.S. on 9/99

2 dr, Sport Pack, Cloth Sport seats/ Suede side bolsters, Daytona Violet, M Contours for spring, Stock 10 Spokes w/ Snows.
    Modifications:
    Cross drilled front rotors, X-brace, instrument console racing Gauges, Euro HFM, Cold air intake system, EuroSport Chip, Strut tower brace. Shes a nemesis for sure.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Personally I would keep the E36 M3... I was never a big fan of the E30's.. E30 M3 is another story. But the E36 has much more than the E30 overall. Except the AWD thing with the IX of course..
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    2011 Subaru WRX
    I'd keep the M3 for serveral reasons 1. ITS AN M3! 2.you've put probably plenty of time and money into those modifications 3. Its newer and you'll most likely have less trouble with it down the road. 4. you'd have to spend all that time and money over again with the new car. and 5. ITS AN M3!!!!
    LUKE

My Cars
    The gearhead in me would encourage keeping the M, it's an M3, in an unusual/cool color, sure to hold it's value for a very long time... But it's your car, your call....

hhmmmmmm.......

Well, your all right.... although I do like this E30 in particular, after that ride home from school in Daytona... how can anything possibly top that? I esp. enjoyed showing Saab convertible boy(yellow mind you), and his female passanger whats up w/ the MPower!!...hehe...
    Daytona born on 7/24/95
    relocated to U.S. on 9/99

2 dr, Sport Pack, Cloth Sport seats/ Suede side bolsters, Daytona Violet, M Contours for spring, Stock 10 Spokes w/ Snows.
    Modifications:
    Cross drilled front rotors, X-brace, instrument console racing Gauges, Euro HFM, Cold air intake system, EuroSport Chip, Strut tower brace. Shes a nemesis for sure.

My Cars

Thumbs up

Yeah, that's a damn cool car you have there, if you were gonna replace it with a new 2001+ M3 or a different type of car, like a Roadster or 5 series, etc, I could see that.

I just think you'd miss all that your current M3 has going for it to go to an older less powerful car, etc...

Now take that money you'll save on the new purchase and buy some more mods for that M3...