Thread: Best fitting non e30 floormats?

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp

Best fitting non e30 floormats?

I've heard tell of people using one series or E46 floor mats with good success on their e30s. I'm looking for front mats only preferably something tan does anyone have recent experience with non-E 30 but OEM floor mats?

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello - take a look at the link below for Lloyd Mats - we've heard only great things about them from our members and customers. There are several varieties, all of which are fully customizable - so you can make them OEM style. Please let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...mats_start.htm
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    A couple of hooptys
    I believe 1-series mats are a direct fit for E30's (and still available new), however, the E30 floorpan isn't much smaller than most of the rest of the BMW line. I use E39 OEM carpeted mats in my E30; no complaints. My brother uses E60 mats in his E30 and they also work fine.

1997 328i/4/5 - Cosmosschwarz Metallic on Dove Grey - Auto/Manual Swap - M3 Bilstein Sport/H&R Sports (95 M3 mounts) - Offset M3 LCAB - 20mm M3 rear sway bar - X-Brace - AA Tuning Strut Tower Bar - Rogue Engineering RSM - Dinan Cat-Back - 3.38 LSD - E46 330 front/328 rear brakes - SS Brake Lines - E36 fitment Style 42's (staggered) - M3 Front Bumper - M3 side moldings - M3 Rear Diffuser - DJ Auto Headlights (6k HIDS) - Frenched Fogs - OEM Clear Tails - E65 Rearview Mirror (Homelink controls + Autodim) - Alpine Type S Cabin Speakers (6x9 Retrofit) - 8" JVC woofer - Black Kidneys - Red Needles/Chrome Gauge Rings - OEM Alarm - Full Interior/Trunk LED Lighting - Mishimoto Full-Aluminum Radiator - More to Come!

My Cars
    1995 M3 - 2007 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by jagerking View Post
    I believe 1-series mats are a direct fit for E30's (and still available new), however, the E30 floorpan isn't much smaller than most of the rest of the BMW line. I use E39 OEM carpeted mats in my E30; no complaints. My brother uses E60 mats in his E30 and they also work fine.
    +1

e46 mats fit and my brother stole the e36 mats from my M3 for his silly turbo project. The fit isn't perfect but they do the job.

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    I have OEM e30 floormats in my e21, so I'm guessing e21 mats might fit the e30 decently well too.

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp
    The Lloyds are an interesting option. Does anyone have experience with their fit? They say made to order but I'm wondering if that means made to order in a handful of sizes to "fit" 100000s of models or truly templated to the year, make, model.

My Cars
    2001 740i
    Do Lloyd's mats come with BMW logo?
    1991 318is
    2001 740i

My Cars
    1989 Bmw325IC

Floor mats carpet

Here's where I bought my carpet mats. They do not have the BMW logo but I had them embroidered "BMW 325i" on both front mats. Seems like you have a good selection and they are custom made for your car model. Avery Carpets in Ladonnia MO.
    https://www.averysfloormats.com/

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by aaverhulst View Post
    Here's where I bought my carpet mats. They do not have the BMW logo but I had them embroidered "BMW 325i" on both front mats. Seems like you have a good selection and they are custom made for your car model. Avery Carpets in Ladonnia MO.
    Thanks Aaverhulst!

A few questions (if youd oblige..) since the Website states "Avery’s offers General Motors and Cummins licensed products, other make and model names CANNOT be embroidered due to copyright and trademark laws." - Did you call it in or use the website? Im wondering what the best way to get through this without any hassles ..

Are these quality mats?

Do you recommend the "Touring" or Grand Touring" or "Select Touring" or "Luxury Touring"? I was concerned cause Id think the Luxury would be the most plush - but its "Berber" - so Im a bit confused..

Also - What font did you use Euro or Block?

Do you have a pic pf the finished mats?

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    OEM E82 mats. I use them and they fit great.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1989 Bmw325IC
    Quote Originally Posted by 95BMWIC View Post
    Thanks Aaverhulst!

A few questions (if youd oblige..) since the Website states "Avery’s offers General Motors and Cummins licensed products, other make and model names CANNOT be embroidered due to copyright and trademark laws." - Did you call it in or use the website? Im wondering what the best way to get through this without any hassles ..

Are these quality mats?

Do you recommend the "Touring" or Grand Touring" or "Select Touring" or "Luxury Touring"? I was concerned cause Id think the Luxury would be the most plush - but its "Berber" - so Im a bit confused..

Also - What font did you use Euro or Block?

Do you have a pic pf the finished mats?
    I think they are a quality mat. I've had mine about 5 yrs now. Mine is probably the low cost option. But I'm really impressed by the black backing, its still solid. The black foam backing on all my previous mats always disintegrates. Avery does not have a big selection of logos. I used the embroidery option to put "BMW" on it. You can use up to 10 characters. The picture shows the 'BMW", also the edge binding is holding up. But as you can see mine is really dirty but it cleans up just like any carpet. Like I said I ordered mine 5 yrs ago and I can not remember much about it. They are good people to work with, you might want to call them. I would work my way through the online order process to familiarize myself with available options and costs, like embroidering is $15.00? extra per mat .
    mw Mat.jpg

Let me know if any other questions.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    They are made for your specific model to ensure a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by somecarguy View Post
    The Lloyds are an interesting option. Does anyone have experience with their fit? They say made to order but I'm wondering if that means made to order in a handful of sizes to "fit" 100000s of models or truly templated to the year, make, model.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yes, you can get them with a BMW logo.

Quote Originally Posted by bymep View Post
    Do Lloyd's mats come with BMW logo?
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Parts View Post

Yes, you can get them with a BMW logo.
    I'm not seeing that on their website:

https://lloydmats.com/custom-fit-flo...idered-design/

Not clear on how to do this - I had tried to get it embroidered a few years ago and the factory rep said "NO GO" on BMW embroidery the actual logo and "BMW"

SO

Working through this on your website (I chose Ultimats) and I get to the embroidery options - I choose Personalized and after picking "block" and typing in BMW I get this message:

We're sorry, but the word you've chosen for your embroidery (BMW)
    appears to be a make or model name and may not be used as personalization.
    Please choose something else.

Can you tell me how to get around this? Or am I missing something?

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by 95BMWIC View Post
    Can you tell me how to get around this?
    Buy a set of E82 mats.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1989 Bmw325IC
    I couldn't get Lloyd's to take BMW. What if your initials were BMW? However Avery's does allow BMW.

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    they can't use a similar font if they don't wanna get sued. they could buy a licensing agreement which would allow it but is likely prohibitively expensive, and would require paying a royalty on every set produced.

My Cars
    1989 325i 4 Door 5sp
    Confirmed that all four of these fit nicely https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The "taupe" is very grey however. Not a good match for a tan interior but no big deal, they're floor mats.