Thread: E36 M3 Built Head, Big Cams & other Performance Parts

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Recently blew up the bottom end on my S52. I lost 1 piston, 3 rods, the crank and the block. Machine shop has confirmed the head is good (no cracks or bends). Not sure if I’m going S54 or partout, but I can’t afford a rebuild or a swap so I’ll be selling what I’ve got as a start. Prices listed do not include shipping or paypal fees, I’m fairly firm on them but willing to take reasonable offers. I’m located in Orange County, CA but am willing to ship parts. For obvious reasons, I’d like to keep certain things together, but again, make an offer worst I can say is no. The cams have 7k miles, all other head parts have 18k, they’ve been through 3 autocrosses and 1 track day earlier this year (my first). The rest are street miles. Pics will be posted later/can be provided upon request.

Built S52 head– Ported & polished exhaust ports and all 24 bowls/combustion chambers (intake ports left alone for safety), Supertech dual valve springs, seats, & steel retainers, new lifters, VAC 286/272 cams. It will need 4 new exhaust valves and 2 new intake valves. Currently at the machine shop, no work has been performed, just the check. All in this head cost me about $3500 to build. I’d like to get $2500 for it as it sits. I can get it prepped to drop on immediately but that will be at whatever my cost is.

Rebuilt, anti-rattle & limited VANOS (7k miles) – after some trial & error I eventually got to a 4.8mm shim which is what worked with my motor. I also have 2, 3, & 4mm shims I can include for you to test and run what works best for yourself – VAC wants $370 for a rebuilt, limited VANOS, I’ll take $200 (I can de-limit it for you for an additional $50)

VANOS Solenoid & Control Piston – I replaced these 7k miles ago with BMW parts. Happy to include/leave installed with the VANOS, but given the newness and the expense it will be additional - $250

22RPD tune – Ideally and for obvious reasons I’d like to keep this together with the VANOS and the head/cams. This is a dyno tune, not a canned tune and they did a good job of getting the most out of the car with this. 900 rpm idle, 7300 rpm redline (extra rpm used only for autox), no SAP, no rear o2’s, no EWS, and no fuel wasting burble. The car made appx. 290whp with a 130k mile, stock bottom end after a couple hours of tuning. Idles beautifully (with a good bit of lope), and even runs A/C like a champ. This tune picked up 15whp and solid torque across the board over my previous Epic tune. $250

If you want to take all of the above as a package deal, I’ll do it for $3000 which will save you $200. You can drop this on a stock bottom end and run with the big dogs. Or build up a nice bottom end and slaughter the big dogs.

SOLD Parts
    - Conforti 3.5” intake w/ ITG filter (5k miles) - $old
    - Bimmerworld 3.5” Elbow - $old
    - Riot Racing BBTB - $old
    - 24# injectors - $old
    - Drilled Oil Pump nut – Just needs fresh safety wire - $old
    - Bosch 803 MAF - $old

- M50 Manifold w/Eurosport Kit (Turner copied this design) - $180
    - Stewart Water Pump with UUC pulley (should replace O-ring) - $180 (or $110 for the pump and $80 for the pulley)
    - DNA Motoring headers & exhaust. Can provide clips, honestly sounded incredible, I got a lot of compliments but the rest was also far from stock. That said, my car was a test mule for this and they welded one of the headers to the y-pipe to make it fit. No idea why. It really should be separated before install, and I can get that done at an extra cost. $500 (includes headers, y-pipe, resonator section & catback)
    - Achilles Motorsports Oil Pan Baffle – unfortunately the pan was damaged but the baffle wasn’t. I’ll remove the baffle for the buyer. $100
    - Euro E36 oil cooler & lines -$150
    - S52 ARP Head Studs, tightened all of one time - $130

Stock & Other Parts – Below are stock parts and other aftermarket parts I’ve accumulated over time

- Stock M3 Exhaust - $80
    - Supersprint 325i exhaust (small hole in muffler) - $60
    - OBD2 M3 midpipe with gutted (no) cats - $80 (resonator is intact, with a stock muffler this is no louder than stock)
    - Bosch Alternator – 15k miles on O’Reilly’s rebuilt - $120
    - Bosch Power Steering pump (3k miles, new OEM) - $275
    - Stock S52 Valve springs & Retainers (112k miles) - $80

There are other things I’m forgetting that I’ll add to this later. I also have some chassis bushings and brake parts I’ll be listing separately, feel free to PM if you need something, I just might have it.
    Last edited by Foda420; 10-20-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 325i
    I want to purchase the Riot racing BBTB ASAP. How Can I pay? Pay Pal? my email: michaeljenniges@gmail.com

I may need the M50 manifold and conversion as well, i will find out tomorrow.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullgod69 View Post
    I want to purchase the Riot racing BBTB ASAP. How Can I pay? Pay Pal? my email: michaeljenniges@gmail.com

I may need the M50 manifold and conversion as well, i will find out tomorrow.
    Yes, PayPal works. Figure out if you need/want the manifold also first, that way we can make one transaction either way.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Has the BBTB sold?

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by lbennyboobool View Post
    Has the BBTB sold?
    Not yet, but you're 3rd in line. I'll pm you my paypal tomorrow evening if it hasn't been bought yet.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Foda420 View Post
    Not yet, but you're 3rd in line. I'll pm you my paypal tomorrow evening if it hasn't been bought yet.
    Sounds good. I may try to get a few other things off your hands so just keep me updated and either way good luck with the sale! Someone will buy it

My Cars
    E36 M3 01/95 Build
    Are the Conforti intake and Bimmerworld elbow still available?

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    BBTB & oil pump nut sold & shipped. Elbow & injectors pending sale locally tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by lbennyboobool View Post

Sounds good. I may try to get a few other things off your hands so just keep me updated and either way good luck with the sale! Someone will buy it
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by M31510 View Post
    Are the Conforti intake and Bimmerworld elbow still available?
    PM responded
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Pm sent on 325 supersprint exhaust

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Bump for a good guy, with the best NA set-up you can use on an e36 m3

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Did the injectors sell? Sorry to hear about your car, man. I've followed this build for a while. Seen it around SoCal too, but never got to meet you.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by e30polak View Post
    Bump for a good guy, with the best NA set-up you can use on an e36 m3
    Many thanks brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by j0nwall View Post
    Did the injectors sell? Sorry to hear about your car, man. I've followed this build for a while. Seen it around SoCal too, but never got to meet you.
    Yes, they sold locally on Thursday. I appreciate the condolences man, I hope to have her back out eventually.

First post updated with sold items, Bosch 803 MAF and euro oil cooler added to the list.

Will update with more parts and maybe pics next week.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    '87 M6 & '98 MR & '08 M6
    PM message sent. Please give me a call when you've got a chance. I'm in Northern Nevada Dennis
    1987 M6
    1998 Dinan SC M Roadster
    2002 M Coupe

My Cars
    2000 Black Z3 M Coupe
    Interested in your M50 manifold kit and Bosch803 MAF if they are still available

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    My apologies to all interested parties for the long delay. I had some medical and personal issues that made this part out take a back seat. I'll be much more responsive going forward. All PM's have been replied and the initial post has been updated with what has sold.

S52 ARP head studs added to the for sale list.
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

My Cars
    1998 328i, 1990 Spec E30
    Interested in the Supersprint exhaust if still available. Dont think I am allowed to PM so shoot me an email at R n z 520 @ yahoo . com

My Cars
    skateboard
    Are the valve springs / retainers for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Where does the Euro oil cooler install? I bought an S54 oil filter housing and an adapter to use AN lines, but this seems like a nice solution.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    It installs under a euro radiator. The z3 s54 m radiator is available here and has the brackets.

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3 View Post
    Are the valve springs / retainers for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would still like to keep things together for a bit but I'll probably start splitting it up in the next couple weeks. I don't have a way to remove the valve train though so something like that will prob cost a little more simply because it'll cost me money to separate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mslevin View Post
    Where does the Euro oil cooler install? I bought an S54 oil filter housing and an adapter to use AN lines, but this seems like a nice solution.
    I'm gonna hold off on selling the euro cooler for now. Might be picking up an S54 somewhat soon and this should work with that. But otherwise, it installs just as pbonsalb indicated.

M50 manifold sold locally a couple weeks back. I'm on vacation until Friday so getting pics and whatnot has to wait beyond what I've already got. All you race/track guys, I know the season is ending if not over depending on where you are. Grab this now and make a kick ass setup for next year!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    @M3AMI
    96 BG/Magma Lux
    Mods. Lots of Mods.

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Foda420 View Post
    I'm gonna hold off on selling the euro cooler for now. Might be picking up an S54 somewhat soon and this should work with that. But otherwise, it installs just as pbonsalb indicated.
    Fair enough! Let me know if you change your mind