Thread: FS: 2005 Imola/Black M3

My Cars
    2016 M3

FS: 2005 Imola/Black M3

2005 BMW E46 M3

Exterior: Imola Red
    Interior: Black Nappa Leather
    Transmission: SMG
    Mileage: 75,XXX (Will go up slightly as it is still being driven shouldn't be over 76,XXX)

Production Date: 05/2005

Factory Packages/Options:
    Premium Package
    Heated/Power/Lumbar Seats
    Xenon Headlights
    Harmon Kardon Premium Sound System/6 CD Changer
    19in Wheels

Price: $21,000 OBO

I purchased this car in 2011 from the second owner with just over 39k miles. He had purchased the car after a nationwide search and flew to Arizona to inspect the car and have it shipped to his home. It was in Arizona from 2005-2008, New Jersey from 2008-2011 and with my ownership it has been in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Florida and Maryland. I have over $8k in documented maintenance and receipts for everything that has been done to the car since I have owned it.

There are slight modifications that are listed below. I have some stock parts as well that can be included.

Modifications:

Performance:
    B-Line Motorsports CAI
    Tuning Tech Frank Smith SMG Software

Interior:
    Storm MotorWerks Milled Aluminum SMG Paddles with Neoprene Backing
    Storm MotorWerks Milled Aluminum SMG Shift lever and Gaiter Ring
    Storm MotorWerks Milled Aluminum E-Brake Handle
    Dynavin D99 Navigation System - Bluetooth calling/audio/ipod/usb connectivity
    Universal Phone Holder
    Pre 2003.5 SMG Dome

Exterior:
    Imola Red Painted Corners
    Tekacarbon CSL Style Diffuser
    OEM BMW ZCP BBS Wheels

The Good:

The car is in excellent overall condition and drives and tracks smoothly.

I have had no issues with the transmission or Subframe. The car has never (to my knowledge) been on the track and during my ownership never driven in any negligent manner.

There is no rust and the car was rarely if ever driven in the winter.

The car just recently had $1600 in maintenance completed including an oil change and flushing of all fluids to include differential and transmission and an AC recharge. The subframe was also inspected with no issues.

I have always loved the car and tried to keep it as clean and in the best condition possible. The interior is in solid condition and has new floor mats and the 'M3' running boards even still have their original factory covering on them. There are no rips in any of the seats, just the usual signs of wear from a 12 year old car.

I have driven it 35k miles in just under 5 years with most miles coming from 1k mile round trips between New England and Maryland and 40-50 mile round trip commuting from 2013-15.

Valve Adjustment was completed at 55k Miles by DaFoe and there was no indication of any VANOS issues.

Both Driver and Passenger Takata Airbags have been replaced as per the NHTSA National Recalls.

I have some parts that are also Available with the car:
    Eisenmann Sport Exhaust (Will be FS on forum separately too)
    Stock 19in Sport Wheels
    Stock Diffuser and Corner Reflectors

All parts are negotiable into price of car if you are interested in them. The parts are all located separately in Barnstable, MA on Cape Cod.

The not as good:

The car was originally in Arizona and the sun it received seems to have caught up to some of the paint. I had the roof repainted professionally in 2015 and the top of the trunk and rear bumper are starting to show some of the same signs of oxidation. The car also has the typical paint chips on the hood and bumper that would come with a car of its age. The car has just been clay barred and professionally detailed this week which has mitigated these issues and the paint is soft to the touch and looks pretty good.

The original carfax report shows that the car was in an accident in 2007. An auto check report does not show one. There is no sign of any damage, possibly some repainting but there is no obvious signs that anything happened. the second owner had attempted to contact local authorities in Arizona and researched this claim but was unable to find any report of an accident that would have caused any damage to the car.

The CD player in the Dynavin system does not work. It will play DVDs, Radio, Navigation, stream music etc. It may just be a matter of the optical drive being cleaned, I don't listen to CDs in it so it was never an issue and I will include original business CD player and all the components necessary to swap.

It will need new rear tires in the somewhat near future.

Bottom Line:

I have driven this car for the past 6 years and enjoyed every minute and it as the E46 has always been my dream car. As garage space and my living situation has changed it has required me to downsize (and keep my E36 for fun). This car still has tons of great miles left to give. It turns heads and gets compliments all the time. If you are are looking for a well maintained drivers car with relatively low miles, this is for you.

The stock intake and exhaust have also been put back onto the car.

I am willing to meet pretty much anywhere within a reasonable distance of Boston to show/test drive the car. I also would be more than happy to bring the car to any reputable shop in the same area for a PPI (at buyers cost). I am willing to work with a buyer to ship the car as well at the buyers expense if desired.

I am totally open to reasonable negotiation and offers, but I do have storage available for the car for the winter and I am not in a rush so please do not low-ball me. I have the title in hand and only will accept cash or certified checks.

Please let me know if you would like more specific pictures of anything or have any other questions and I can send along what you would like/answer any questions.

Last edited by nate161514; 09-11-2017 at 08:41 PM.

2016 Alpine/Sahkir M3
    Sold: 1995 Estoril/Modena M3 - LTW's, SSK, Euro Lights, X Brace, TCK S/A, ECS, Rogue DMS, Turner Stage 1, BavSound, Leatherz
    Sold: 2005 Imola/Black M3 - Dynavin D99, ZCP Wheels, Eisenmann Sport, BLine Motorsports, CSL Diffuser, Storm Motorwerks
    E36 Build Thread: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...g-back-to-life
    instagram: nate161514

My Cars
    2016 M3
    Bump for new pics!

2016 Alpine/Sahkir M3
    Sold: 1995 Estoril/Modena M3 - LTW's, SSK, Euro Lights, X Brace, TCK S/A, ECS, Rogue DMS, Turner Stage 1, BavSound, Leatherz
    Sold: 2005 Imola/Black M3 - Dynavin D99, ZCP Wheels, Eisenmann Sport, BLine Motorsports, CSL Diffuser, Storm Motorwerks

My Cars
    2016 M3
    Weekend bump, ready to show the car!

2016 Alpine/Sahkir M3

My Cars
    2016 M3
    Car is Sold!!

2016 Alpine/Sahkir M3

My Cars
    2003 BMW M3 Coupe
    From one E46 owner/seller to another, a beautiful M3 and best of luck with your sale!

EDIT: I didn't see it sold already, congratulations. A really remarkable car and that color... wow!
    Last edited by CMS LLC; 10-19-2017 at 10:45 PM.