Thread: Battery Tender Causing a beeep beeep sound?

Tanks95 is offline M3s Only Have Two Doors BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    I6 & V8 ///M

Battery Tender Causing a beeep beeep sound?

Okay, I thought I was hearing things a few weeks ago. I have a Battery Tender 800, that I use on my E92M to keep the battery fresh.

While working in the garage at times I would hear a very faint but audible beep beeeep sound. At first, I thought it was nothing. But tonight, walked around the car to try and pinpoint the sound and found it was coming from the battery area on the car.

After pinning the sound down, I disconnected the battery tender and it stopped. Then I reconnected it, and it started back.

What is this? I have always used battery tenders and never heard anything from the car…..but then again, its been on older cars.

Anyone having this issue, or am I hearing things?

William

If your M3 doesn’t have 3 pedals and 2 doors, I would really consider contacting BMW to confirm the authenticity of your incorrectly badged mid-sized family sedan.

My Cars
    2011 5 series 535 xdrive
    Yes I’m hearing the same thing. I have my battery out of the car and hooked up to a battery tender junior. I’m hearing a very faint beeping sound. I can’t tell if it is coming from the battery or the battery tender. I called the Deltran company and they said it could not be the battery tender. The tender is in the maintaining full charge mode.