Thread: z4m hood transfer?

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5

z4m hood transfer?

i looking to get a new hood for my z4.
    is there any way i can swap it for the M version of the hood?

is there any quality after market hoods out there for the z4?
    thanks for the help

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigg614 View Post
    i looking to get a new hood for my z4.
    is there any way i can swap it for the M version of the hood?

is there any quality after market hoods out there for the z4?
    thanks for the help
    I would think the Z4M hood should fit any Z4.

The cost is $1273.19 retail($954.89 at bmwpartzdirect).

My Cars
    1999 BMW 328i ZSP
    Well shigg as you know there are sexy hoods on certain e46s that roll around by your house
    $1000 seems a tad overpriced for a normal hood... carbon fiber..not really but for normal fiberglass(i think its fiberglass) thats a bit rediculous.. none of you guys know of a legit place to buy a legit hood for a legit price?!?!

and shiggity your 4 posts are cute you should get 234 more
    Last edited by DementeD; 11-30-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1999 BMW 328i ZSP.Mods so far :
    18'MRR GT1 rims.Muffler Delete w/ dual wal-mart tips.Cross Drilled Rotors.Smoked Tails.Smoked corners.Smoked sidemarkers.
    5% tint on back 5 windows.50% on front 2.GTR CF hood. Matte Black Grilles.Black CF/Silver CF Roundels.Custom CAI.///M E-Brake Handle.Aluminum Pedals.LED License Plate Bulbs.
    M3 Carbon Fiber Lip.Umnitza Angel Eyes.iSimple iPod integration.B&G Springs.

My Cars
    2006 Z4 M ; 2001 Z3 2.5

Z4 Hood

I think the Z4M hood is aluminum and may be much more than standard model hoods. Would be interesting to know.

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    bahahaha D arent you silly. why dont you roll around more often?
    cfiber isnt my thing, and im deff not willing drop grand+ for a peice of fiberglass

palerojo we should trade hoods

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelerojo View Post
    I think the Z4M hood is aluminum and may be much more than standard model hoods. Would be interesting to know.
    The i/si hood is not much different: $1210.11 MSRP($907.58 with discount).

I think all Z4 hoods are aluminum.

My Cars
    BMW Z3 & Z4 coupe
    K Kline offers a carbon fiber M hood that will fit $1600

My Cars
    Z4, Z4M and X5

M Hood

I have a new to me 2006 M Rdstr, which replaced my 2003 Z4. I can't tell much difference in my hood and other 2006 Z4's, but don't have any to directly compare. Other than the M air dam and the tail light's what are the differences between the M and non-M 2006 and 2007 Z-4's. Are the materials different? I have read that that the back end and spoiler are different, but to my eye can't see much other than the dually exhaust. Thoughts? DWG

My Cars
    '07 M Z4 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by DGarri View Post
    I have a new to me 2006 M Rdstr, which replaced my 2003 Z4. I can't tell much difference in my hood and other 2006 Z4's, but don't have any to directly compare. Other than the M air dam and the tail light's what are the differences between the M and non-M 2006 and 2007 Z-4's. Are the materials different? I have read that that the back end and spoiler are different, but to my eye can't see much other than the dually exhaust. Thoughts? DWG
    The main thing about the hood is the dual crease lines it has and the slight bulge those create. Visual tuning so to say. Also there is no insulation material (IIRC)underneath, but maybe that's the same with the normal Z4's.

The M rear spoiler has the diffuser.

And if all else fails "it has almost as many M badges as it has exhausts".

Check this out: http://www.bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=23
    Last edited by dazed^; 12-01-2009 at 01:08 PM.

My Cars
    06 M Roady; 2011 Mini S
    z-4hood is steel, M hood is Aluminum, thus the creases. Not for looks, but for rigidity.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by vicj View Post
    z-4hood is steel, M hood is Aluminum, thus the creases. Not for looks, but for rigidity.
    Thought all z4 hoods were aluminium as a weight saver.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    Rubicon, Cayman, 911 S
    really? I had no idea.

Either way it is a huge improvement in looks, which is the sole reason I had one installed.

My Cars
    MZ4C, Veloster, Tucson
    Really? I remember trying to stick one of those magnetic number boards the hood of my '03 Z4 3.0i when my buddy at work had a set made up for his car, and they wouldn't stick. If the hood is steel (or any sort of iron alloy) it SHOULD stick.
    "Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.

My Cars
    06 M Roadster Red/Blk
    I am pretty sure all Z4's had aluminum hoods from the start. It is common- even my S2000 had an aluminum hood.

Edit: Just found this quote confirming all hoods are aluminum: "The sheet metal (including an aluminum hood, which is said to be the largest single piece of aluminum made for a BMW product) on the Z4 is truly three dimensional, far more than traditional designs that Warmer says tend to be based primarily on cylindrical shapes." From an article here: http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/120201.html
    Last edited by chickdr; 12-01-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: new info

My Cars
    1999 BMW 328i ZSP
    bahahaha D arent you silly. why dont you roll around more often?
    cfiber isnt my thing, and im deff not willing drop grand+ for a peice of fiberglass

palerojo we should trade hoods
    If gas was free.. Id roll around everyday... o.0
    and yeah cfiber would look odd on your car IMO.

18'MRR GT1 rims.Muffler Delete w/ dual wal-mart tips.Cross Drilled Rotors.Smoked Tails.Smoked corners.Smoked sidemarkers.
    5% tint on back 5 windows.50% on front 2.GTR CF hood. Matte Black Grilles.Black CF/Silver CF Roundels.Custom CAI.///M E-Brake Handle.Aluminum Pedals.LED License Plate Bulbs.

My Cars
    2003 Z4 2.5
    aluminum huh?

gonna go get me some reynolds wrap

My Cars
    1999 BMW 328i ZSP
    aluminum huh?

gonna go get me some reynolds wrap

My Cars
    2004 Z4 3.0i
    I know this thread is ancient but I had to correct this. All z4's have aluminum hoods. I just had to have my front hood replaced due to a dent that couldn't be fixed because of the softer aluminum where a steel hood could have been repaired.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmeba View Post
    I know this thread is ancient but I had to correct this. All z4's have aluminum hoods. I just had to have my front hood replaced due to a dent that couldn't be fixed because of the softer aluminum where a steel hood could have been repaired.
    That correction was already made by several members... lol

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!