Thread: N62 B44 Engine cranking but not running, how to solve it

My Cars
    B

Wink N62 B44 Engine cranking but not running, how to solve it

Regards from Finland,

I started thread under 7-series (E65), but E60/E61 should have same engine.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...7#post29819307

Any hints and supports are highly appreciated.

Original ECU, groundings (coils grounding, engine grounding) are checked and doubled (with extra cables/wires) as testing purposes, all spark plugs were removed and dried while engine cranked for couple starting cycles, waiting for couple days without spark plugs (for drying), extra heavy battery with heavy cabling straight to engine compartment contacts - any nothing works. There is no indications of misfiring not in exhaust or manifold.

Some local guys were suggesting problems with valvetronic, but should this engine start even without valvetronic (eccentric shaft position indicator, cam position indicators or VANOS indicators) signals as in safe mode. At least this I read earlier searching solutions.

My Cars
    2007 550i N62TU
    Hi there... I'm a rather new amateur mechanic but I might try looking at the fuel system. Fuel injectors.. Fuel injector wiring harness and fuel pump and fuel filter. Not sure if you can check the fuel pressure without a running engine but perhaps the engine isn't getting enough fuel to turn the engine over.

My Cars
    B
    Fuel system is checked. Fuel is coming to cylinders and they are fluded. Injestors are getting their signal from DME.
    Identified ignition signal is missing from coils. Ground and steady voltage is getting to coils. IVM is checked and all are okay (relays are connecting, fuses are intact). DME is not giving signal for coils. Now concentrating for checkin EWS-DME signals. This perhaps is best clue so far.