Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: HAT owners please step in. Few questions for you

My Cars
    E36 & GS1k cafe

HAT owners please step in. Few questions for you

****Disclaimer****
    Fully aware that speakers can sound unique to each individual listening to them. Everyone has their likes, dislikes, and preferences. Im just looking for honest input from actual owners.

Im about to overhaul the audio system on my E36 coupe. I have heard nothing but good reviews about Hybrid Audio Technologies, but I have yet had a chance to sit in a vehicle with them installed in and hear for myself. I called my local authorized retailer of HAT the ask a few generic questions about Hybrids model line, and their question to me was 'How big is your budget?'. That wasnt what I was looking for.

I enjoy listening to my music at a loud volume (no rap or hip hop) and generally speaking, want to feel what Im listening too. Feel connected, hear it how it was intended and engineered in the studio when it was recorded.

Is there really that big of a difference ($320 worth, or, double the price of the Imagines for the C61's) that would warrant or justify stepping up?
    The budget allows for the C61 set, but do I really need the Clarus line from the start, or would the Imagine or Unity be sufficient?

Im only looking to run a front stage at the moment but will be adding fill in the rear and a sub at a later point. What amps are you guys using to power the C61, Unitys, or Imagines?

Headunit: Kenwood DDX773BH

Speaker Choices:
    $320 for the Imagine 6.5" Component/Coaxial Set
    $430 Unity 6.5" Component Set
    $640 Clarus C61 Set

Ive also found myself coming back to the HAT line of amplifiers but honestly know nothing about whats best for the speakers. Im open to suggestions from actual owners, just not the hear-say.
    Unity U4A4 , 4 Channels
    Unity U5A amp , 5 Channels

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528
    If you're staying with stock locations and doing a passive setup I'd go with the imagine set.
    I've not heard the hybrid amps yet, they look very impressive though.
    Have a look at morel, focal or audio frog components as well.

I run legatia se 3 way active in my E39 and they're impressive, definitely not the most amazing setup I've ever heard but they put a big smile on my face every time I listen.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    I think with e36 you could have a decent sound, but it ain't no e38/9 in terms of build quality, materials used etc.

My Cars
    E36 & GS1k cafe
    Bump. Anyone else?