Thread: Euro Amber Tails

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5

Euro Amber Tails

Anyone on here have Euro Amber Celis tail lights? Would like to see how they look on Alpine White tourings. Thanks

My Cars
    E39 Touring
    I'd actually be interested in a set for my 2001 MY.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

My car came with amber rear CELIS and the front headlamps with the amber indicator lenses and I couldn't wait to swap them out! The headlamps went first and sold within about 15 minutes of me listing them on ebay and went to an E39 guy in New York! The lenses were pitted badly after 3 years of exposure when my car was in active Police Duty, but he didn't mind! The rears after a short few months were donated to Jo Cajita's Touring in Los Angeles and were on his Alpine White for a good while prior to when he went widebody and a colour change to Santorini Blue. When that transformation was done, the blue and orange looked great!

The awesome 'unofficial E39 Touring' thread had quite a number of pictures and I seem to recall when the Amber tail clusters were on the car in Alpine White, but the whole photobucket issue means they now don't show up. I think perhaps over the lapse of time, 'maybe' the Amber tails and headlamps on a nice clean mildly modified AW Touring can look good! I'm staying with my clear's round though!

I could be persuaded to move the pair of Amber top facelift/CELIS Touring outer lamp clusters I have sitting in my BMW goodies storage

Just had a quick look on ebay and there's some stupidly high priced single clusters listed (seem to vary from around $360- $400 when made into a pair & posted to the US). The pair I have are in pristine condition, I'd want $200 USD for them and that would include shipping to the US and full insurance. I'll dig them out and take some excellent photographs and post them up here on this thread soon.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi,

My car came with amber rear CELIS and the front headlamps with the amber indicator lenses and I couldn't wait to swap them out! The headlamps went first and sold within about 15 minutes of me listing them on ebay and went to an E39 guy in New York! The lenses were pitted badly after 3 years of exposure when my car was in active Police Duty, but he didn't mind! The rears after a short few months were donated to Jo Cajita's Touring in Los Angeles and were on his Alpine White for a good while prior to when he went widebody and a colour change to Santorini Blue. When that transformation was done, the blue and orange looked great!

The awesome 'unofficial E39 Touring' thread had quite a number of pictures and I seem to recall when the Amber tail clusters were on the car in Alpine White, but the whole photobucket issue means they now don't show up. I think perhaps over the lapse of time, 'maybe' the Amber tails and headlamps on a nice clean mildly modified AW Touring can look good! I'm staying with my clear's round though!

I could be persuaded to move the pair of Amber top facelift/CELIS Touring outer lamp clusters I have sitting in my BMW goodies storage

Just had a quick look on ebay and there's some stupidly high priced single clusters listed (seem to vary from around $360- $400 when made into a pair & posted to the US). The pair I have are in pristine condition, I'd want $200 USD for them and that would include shipping to the US and full insurance. I'll dig them out and take some excellent photographs and post them up here on this thread soon.

Cheers, Dennis!
    Hey Dennis,

I was reading through some of your old posts about having them behave properly. I'm sure we have someone local who can program the LCM to euro blinkers. Well shoot, I bought a set of ambers from a guy in Poland earlier this afternoon. Had to pull the trigger.

amberlights by andrewt92, on Flickr
    amber by andrewt92, on Flickr

My Cars
    E39 Touring
    Dennis,

Sent you a PM.

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5
    Got the tail lights in today. So, I heard that you could program the car to have the turn signal behave in Euro mode?

My Cars
    E39 Touring
    Will there be any issues going from US spec facelift celis to amber facelift celis tails?

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Grown View Post
    Will there be any issues going from US spec facelift celis to amber facelift celis tails?

They will bolt up, but there's a harness you'll need or programming to make them behave properly.

My Cars
    E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by carlova789 View Post
    They will bolt up, but there's a harness you'll need or programming to make them behave properly.
    Is there a proper write-up on this? I've seen the threads on the red and white tails... is it the same?

My Cars
    528iT
    I ordered a set of the euro pre facelift tails, waiting for them to arrive from eastern Europe. For now I coded the taillights to work like euro, took a few tries (including accidentally setting the lights to on all the time...oops)

Had to turn off the brake light warning though, kept throwing 'check brake lights' once I coded it..

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
    I ordered a set of the euro pre facelift tails, waiting for them to arrive from eastern Europe. For now I coded the taillights to work like euro, took a few tries (including accidentally setting the lights to on all the time...oops)

Had to turn off the brake light warning though, kept throwing 'check brake lights' once I coded it..
    What software did you use?

My Cars
    528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by carlova789 View Post
    What software did you use?
    NCS Expert

My Cars
    2001 530i 5spd/2001 M5
    Loving it!

Before
    DSC_7230 by andrewt92, on Flickr
    DSC_7229 by andrewt92, on Flickr