Thread: Why Did I Buy This? vol. 750iL Ac Schnitzer

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX

Why Did I Buy This? vol. 750iL Ac Schnitzer

Car was delivered on Saturday while I was out of town. Has been an Arizona car its whole life. 84035 original miles as of me pulling it into our other dealer stores parking lot.

There is a lot wrong with it, lazy work prevailed over doing the right thing in a lot of cases, however it is mechanically sound.

Starts, runs, drives decent enough.

Found two spark plugs in the trunk in a baggy that were covered in oil, this has me concerned. Trunk lid does not stay open and has a hole drilled where the license plate goes from I am assuming access to when it would not open, gauge cluster is partially inop in the way of RPM and engine temp. Stereo sounds god awful, glove box falls down while opening like a loose woman dropping her panties, drivers power seat kind of works? sometimes, blower motor kind of works. Things could be worse?

Alpine White on Saddle Brown - Extended Leather

Pics to follow.

My Cars
    are slow
    Probably the VCV that's causing the oil consumption. Blower on/not is the sword, trunk and glove box needs struts.
    Last edited by XAlt; 09-05-2017 at 06:27 PM.

My Cars
    1978 635Csi, 1988 735iM
    god I wanna see pics! ha. Youll end up loving it

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    The ACS S7 has the normal M70 engine, it just has the body kits and ACS wheels https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...hers-out-there
    Here in Japan they were quite popular, that was the standard upgrading for many E32 owners, ACS spoiler, wheels....http://cdn5.3dtuning.com/info/BMW%20.../tuning/20.jpg
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    The ACS S7 has the normal M70 engine, it just has the body kits and ACS wheels https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...hers-out-there
    Here in Japan they were quite popular, that was the standard upgrading for many E32 owners, ACS spoiler, wheels....http://cdn5.3dtuning.com/info/BMW%20.../tuning/20.jpg
    It's really not a true ACS as it only has the body kit. The wheels are OZ Racing Fittipaldi's.

But I figure it's the next closest thing to one.

20170906_080546.jpg
    Last edited by Bear Grylls; 09-06-2017 at 11:09 AM.

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    If Photobucket wouldn't have screwed all of it's users, then I'd be happy to post pictures of my E32 ACS 750iL. Shogun is correct in saying that it was only an athstetics package, which included ACS lowering springs and struts in my case.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteghost1 View Post
    If Photobucket wouldn't have screwed all of it's users, then I'd be happy to post pictures of my E32 ACS 750iL. Shogun is correct in saying that it was only an athstetics package, which included ACS lowering springs and struts in my case.
    Hm interesting when I pull the wheels off I will have to inspect the suspension.

I don't think it is lowered but then again who knows. PO had no clue what he had.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Pulled the dash and soldered on some new 220uf 25v capacitors as noted in one of the many DIYs. Unfortunately I have less function now and the damn chime comes on every time I push the brake pedal

Just kill me

It's the first time I have soldered so I am sure this is ugly and I burned through the circuit or some crap

20170917_113428.jpg

20170917_114856.jpg

oh well, guess I will purchase a second instrument cluster to trouble shoot. Are there any requirements to re-program them for mileage and the VIN? Mind you this is an 89 car with the grey back instrument cluster

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    If you have a grey backplate one, buy another grey backplate one, then there will be no problem, as the chip with the VIN and miles etc is not in the cluster, but in the plug to the cluster.
    If you buy a blue or white backplate one, then the data of the donor car will be shown, as the 'chip' is in the back of the cluster and they both have different sizes. There are a few people which can rewrite the code plugs of the blue and white backplate version, but I do not know anyone here on the forum.
    http://www.exx.se/maintenance/instru...34/index.shtml

Just make sure the fuel tank size is the same on the cluster, otherwise the gauge might not be accurate.
    In case you do not mind about VIN and miles in total, any cluster from another 750 is o.k., grey, blue, white is fine. In case you use a blue or black one, the code plugs of these work, theone from the old one is still there inside the cable loom plug, but not working then.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    If you have a grey backplate one, buy another grey backplate one, then there will be no problem, as the chip with the VIN and miles etc is not in the cluster, but in the plug to the cluster.
    If you buy a blue or white backplate one, then the data of the donor car will be shown, as the 'chip' is in the back of the cluster and they both have different sizes. There are a few people which can rewrite the code plugs of the blue and white backplate version, but I do not know anyone here on the forum.
    http://www.exx.se/maintenance/instru...34/index.shtml

Just make sure the fuel tank size is the same on the cluster, otherwise the gauge might not be accurate.
    In case you do not mind about VIN and miles in total, any cluster from another 750 is o.k., grey, blue, white is fine. In case you use a blue or black one, the code plugs of these work, theone from the old one is still there inside the cable loom plug, but not working then.
    Awesome thanks, exactly the info I was looking for.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    I replaced the entire mother board today on the instrument cluster to much success of everything working.

However am now getting what seems to be a stray voltage issue or inconsistency.

Gear indicator lights do not illuminate, trip mileage does not save most of the time. And every other few times the fuel and temp guage read all the way full/hot.

Could be multiple issues causing the issue which I will have to shoot wires to track. At least the rpm works?