Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Airbag Control Module, Internal Error (F0, 240 errors). Finally found a fix!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.0 manual
    Just a follow up Thankyou to Abel and the forum. Module arrived back safe and sound in Australia and everything working fine again.

My Cars
    bmw z3 roadster
    ITALIANO
    ciao, piacere mi chiamo Andrea - vivo a Roma -
    ho letto il post (attraverso il traslate di google)

sono impressionato, complimenti

ho letto che hai studiato in europa,
    vorrei poterti chiedere aiuto per questo ecu internal error

parli italiano?
    oppure se hai voglia di supportarmi io traduco con il traduttore

grazie a presto

INGLESE
    hello, my name is Andrea - I live in Rome -
    I read the post (through the google translate)

I'm impressed, congratulations

I read that you studied in europe,
    I would like to ask you for help with this ecu internal error

Do you speak italian?
    or if you want to support me I translate with the translator

thanks, see you soon

My Cars
    bmw z3 roadster
    I try to tell what happened:

I replaced the original seats with m-series seats (English seats)

from my originals I removed the 2 cables of the pretensioners and the wiring of the motors (forward / backward - up / down) since the connectors on the carpet of my car were different

just mounted I do not seem to have turned on the light immediately, if I remember correctly I used the machine a few days ... it could have taken the timeframe to recognize that there was something wrong?

subsequently to assemble the belt rebates I disassembled another time, together with the steering wheel to make it settle
    (restoring my old seat again, but without electrically attacking it) ... light on ... I thought it was normal and that when I reassembled the seats I could reset the warning light

about a month later I reassembled the seats and from the diagnosis the discovery that along with 6 errors (with the words "not present at the moment") I also found the 240 ecu internal error - now I can not reset any errors

can I have compromised the control unit in any way?

that the seats in the m series have different resistances and therefore not compatible with my car?

in your opinion is it a viable way to completely replace the wiring in the "old" seats and see if the error disappears?

I'm afraid that even buying a control unit can recompress it in some way

thanks for any advice you can give me

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.0 manual
    Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble confirming through the forum threads if there is a drop-in replacement module for the seemingly unstable 65778386192. Is there another part number that could be expected to work in a compatible fashion with the rest of the SRS components? My module's 240 error has returned, so I suspect that its worth sourcing another one, rather than resetting it again. I was thinking that an updated part number would be a better idea, assuming the rest of the system is compatible with it.

Can anyone advise?

RealOEM suggests the following:-

65776908896(03/01/2000 — ) , Exchangeable retrospectively65776910677(08/20/2001 — 08/13/2002) , nonexchangeable retrospectively65776922954(02/25/2002 — ) , Exchangeable retrospectively

Can I expect 896 and 954 to work as direct replacements for 192?

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by mobilenet; 07-16-2018 at 02:38 AM. Reason: more

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5i
    Another successful code clearing, thanks Abel!

My Cars
    BMW E46 320CD
    Hello,
    I'm new to the forum But I'm quite an expert in both the car and the mechanics

Arrival to turn on the car that was stopped by a month as I turn it on after a few seconds the air bag warning light comes on,
    never turned on in the last 8 years, well I decide to use odb and connect the pc to the car with the various diagnostic software, so far everything ok during the INPA check shows me the various errors and in the control unit I see Airbag Error 240 F0, and it is impossible to reset the error, I made the test even with the software of the parent company replace the control unit (A12 Central restraint system) in essence in the diagnosis says to replace the AirBag control unit (internal error control unit B6510_30018), there is someone here electronic expert because I would like to compare some points, looking on other forums I discovered that bmw replaces it with a new one at a fairly high cost from € 500 upwards.

In fact, if the echogram is reprogrammed, the Eprom returns to work, but you need an identical functioning unit, the procedure and read the eprom and recopy the code on the ECU in which it has the defect in binary, this is possible with an integrated programmer Eprom not with the coding software bmw or others that does not allow this operation, in an attempt to redefine it from ECU REJECT when it is in this state, I hope I wrote in the right section I searched but I did not find anything about it for which I opened a new discussion, I will implement my presentation later.

Last edited by Kluke; 08-11-2018 at 06:11 AM.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Yours is MRSZ4. Very different than the one presented here.
    It is easier to find a second hand module from junk car and install into your car.
    Otherwise the micro controller can be reprogrammed, but it's very difficult because it is a newer model type.
    You will spend less if you buy a second hand replacement module from the same kind of car.
    My solution is for Temic MRSZ3
    Last edited by shogun; 08-20-2022 at 05:47 PM.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    BMW E46 320CD
    Hello, yes, the form is later, I solved by changing the way with one of the same code used, if you tell me that it does not deserve to try to recover the form, the old I broke, but it was more a curiosity, in my case not I changed nothing I think the problem came out because I had the battery a little discharged and while the airbag control unit was diagnosed or started the engine, at that point I think the current was missing in the phase of reading writing in phase control phase erroi and so it generated error 240, however you need an eprom programmer and read the right original
    Last edited by shogun; 08-20-2022 at 05:48 PM.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    I think I have some mrsz4 MCU reads from another car if you want to try to re-write your data. But it is really hard to connect to the microcontroller.
    I soldered little wire leads to the mcu pins directly. Carprog tool claims it can do it over k-line, but I have not been able to do it that way.

I think I have a spare MRSZ4 module from e46 somewhere. If I ever have time, I can try again.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    E39 530i Touring, Z3 3.0
    I messed up my MRSZ3 from my Z3 3.0 by trying to deactivated the seat occupancy with NCS. Cannot access it with INPA any more. NCS says "Fehler bei ZCSUT-Umrechnung" followed by 3 COAPI-2020 errors. Now I sent it to a friend who is trying to reprogram it. Hope it can be fixed. Its a 65776908896 which appears to be pretty rare on the market for used parts.
    Last edited by Sebastian46; 10-16-2018 at 04:10 PM.

My Cars
    BMW X5 Sport V8
    Hi
    I have read most of your messages on this with great interest. Im from the UK and my brother and i have owned several differenr bmw's over the years and my recent one is an X5 sport v8, a great car in every respect.
    I have spent over 4 months trying to sort the airbag module out, bought several other modules, had them reset etc. The latest is that i put a new battery in, and in warm weather there is no light on, now in winter the first few starts of the day the light is on but always clears later. Your input on this is the most sense i can make out of anyone on the web. You may have the most practical and knowledgeable solution in the world on this! - i really appreciate your help so far. I have researched several companies trying to find someone who can do what you have done here in the UK but with no success. My box is a Temix 65776900727 MRSZ3 v3.0 which is all familiar to you. The only code left which we cant clear is the 240 or f0 - Even when the light is out the snap on diagnostics has that fault come up! Im wondering if for a fee i could send it to you and you do your fix? I am stuck this side of the atlantic and BMW are even out of stock (not that i want to spend Ł800 buying a new one) - Can you help at all? Many thanks for reading my epistle and hope you could help. Andy andystrajnic@yahoo.co.uk

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyX5Sport View Post
    ...and in warm weather there is no light on, now in winter the first few starts of the day the light is on but always clears later....
    Odd, that's the opposite of the behavior of mine. Light comes on intermittently but more so in warmer weather.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.0 manual
    In my case, light comes on first start on a cold morning but no light problems from second start. I've re-set it twice now (once by Abel and once with his guidance) and the problem has returned for a 3rd time, so I've decided it's time for a new module. :-)
    Last edited by shogun; 08-20-2022 at 05:48 PM.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyX5Sport View Post
    Hi
    Im wondering if for a fee i could send it to you and you do your fix? I am stuck this side of the atlantic and BMW are even out of stock (not that i want to spend Ł800 buying a new one) - Can you help at all? Many thanks for reading my epistle and hope you could help. Andy andystrajnic@yahoo.co.uk
    Hey Andy, give MyAirbags a look/see: they've been doing this over a decade and it is inexpensive as well.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    Hello Beemer enthusiasts,

I am finally getting started on a few projects while my 2000 BMW Z3M roadster is put away for the winter.

I am repairing the heater control with a small ball stud theaded into the white lever that controls the heat. I have the radio pulled out (but wires still attached) and pushed the HVAC control into the "console". I made up the lever repair today ,so will try to put the control back together.

I pulled the glovebox out to get better access and to see if I can address the issue with the blend door that caused the heater control to stick in the first place, and will add a stiffener bar. it should give better access to the HVAC control unit when I try to put it back together.

I also want to remove the airbag module so I can send it to Abel for a "reset", but I can only get 2 nots off on the passenger side. I am having a real tough time getting to the driver side to disconnect the module. I took the trim panel down under the steering wheel (exposed the knee bolster), but still cannot seem to access the driver side of the console.

Anyone run across or have any instructions / helpful tips on how to access and remove the air bag module. Does anyone have a picture of the connections and mounting holes? Like I said, I got the 2 nuts off the passenger side, but am struggling to access the far side of the module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg
    Last edited by Tallyho322; 11-24-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    Tally Ho

http://wcwebs.net/johnson
    1988 O'Day 322 sailboat - (unlimited mpg)

2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster (25 mpg - but who cares)

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Yeah, I agree. I can't visualize the module even though I have the drivers side panel pulled back. A step by step guide would be great.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    Still making progress on my winter projects...fixed the heater control, so can drive the car a little longer.

Took the the glove box out so I can gain access to the airbag module, and so I can put a stiffener bar in the glove box latch.

I am am trying to remove the center console to gain better access to the air bag module, but that is going slow. The instructions in my manual don’t match what I have in the car...so going through by trial and error.

I tried shoving my phone in the radio slot to get get a photo or movie to see the air bag module...
    this may give you an idea of what you have to get to to remove the module...

if you look closely, you can see that I knocked the backlights for the clock and oil temp gauges out of their sockets while working on the heater control. Have to get those back in place too.

Greg

Last edited by Tallyho322; 12-02-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Tally Ho

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    After a torturous effort, I finally got the airbag module out of the car. I did not get the console out, instead getting the module out from the passenger side footwell (after removing the glove box and other assorted bits).

The module is is held in with 3 nuts. The 2 on the passenger side are pretty easy to see and get to. The 3rd is on the drivers side, in the corner of the module near the rear of the car. See photo below. This is the orientation of the module in the car.

5B876F8F-7D6C-4D4C-9F0D-07C7A5B17E6C.jpg

Once the last nut was off, you can pull the module up, off the studs. There is a bundle of wires on the drivers side edge.
    There is a slide clip that releases the wire...push in on the little tab and slide the brown lever back to release it.

Here is where the wires are attached...
    F35F0AB4-3634-41E7-ABA9-5A0FBC96E43F.jpg

Next step is to get the module off to Abel for a refresh and try to determine what connection is causing the error.
    Tally Ho

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)

My Cars
    2003 mini cooper s
    Abe,
    I have an 03 cooper S with the F0 code and a bunch more. Getting the ecu reject when I tried to reset with the nt630 foxwell.

I have a little bit of experience with chip programming, do you mind sharing the bin file for the virgin and locked out srs module and which chip contains the data?

I have not pulled out my srs module to look inside.

Thanks for the great work!

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    The 03 Mini will have an MRSZ4 module, and it is completely different. It doesn't clear as easily. I think the approach is to copy another's data into it for that one.
    Last edited by shogun; 08-20-2022 at 05:49 PM.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2000 MCoupe
    Just attempted to PM you, inbox is full. Are you still clearing hard faults on airbag controllers?
    Thanks, Jay

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Hello Jay, yes I am.
    I cleared some of the inbox out, feel free to contact.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    Hello Jay, yes I am.
    I cleared some of the inbox out, feel free to contact.
    Abe,

I am a newbie to this forum. I own a 2000 Z3 Roadster (E36) with airbag light on for many years.
    I have replaced parts that were coded as problems in the past, but unable to reset control unit.
    I have read about your software fault removal procedure, and believe this will solve my problem.
    The control unit seems to be frozen in time.
    Other than this forum, what social medium do you use (PM) for details.
    If you are still clearing faults I would like to contact you for further information.
    I have not removed my airbag controller as of today.

Thanks, Dave

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Hello Dave. I am still doing airbag clearing of the F0 (also known as 240). But you should confirm that you have this error present, and what other errors are there, preferably with their error frequency.

This will not solve issues with wiring or faulty components, so if there is anything abnormal, the module will throw errors as normal operation.

At the moment, this forum is best for contact. I have very reduced social media presence.
    Last edited by 328 Power 04; 03-21-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    -Abel

- 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    Hello Dave. I am still doing airbag clearing of the F0 (also known as 240). But you should confirm that you have this error present, and what other errors are there, preferably with their error frequency.

This will not solve issues with wiring or faulty components, so if there is anything abnormal, the module will throw errors as normal operation.

At the moment, this forum is best for contact. I have very reduced social media presence.
    Abe,

I purchased the car in 2010 with the airbag light already on, and checked the codes which are: F0 Internal Control Unit Fault
    11 Power supply
    03 Belt Tensioner Front passenger
    15 Seat Belt Buckle, front Passenger
    1A Seat occupancy recognition 1(SBE1)

According to Carfax 8/2002 vehicle involved in collision airbag deployed and repaired. On 6/2003 engine/powertrain/modules checked and body electrical system checked by dealership.
    Shortly after I purchase the Z3, I scanned the airbag module found above codes present. Replaced tensioner front passenger , seat belt buckle,front passenger, and both seat occupancy modules with new OEM parts(along inspecting connectors an wiring harness along the way). Never was able to reset the codes. The module does not change or respond to scanner reset commands after changing the above parts. At this point I do not know the actual status of the SRS system
    as of now. Could it be possible that the airbag module is locked up due to software fault not with crash memory stored errors.
    Have you ever run into a similar case that the software fault removal worked out with a unknown condition as in my module. How does one find these unknown previous conditions of SRS are fixed, without being able to reset the (F0 or 240) fault on the airbag module.

Thanks, Dave

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast