Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Where should I buy new tires for 2011 328i xdrive sedan??

My Cars
    330Ci

Question Where should I buy new tires for 2011 328i xdrive sedan??

Hi all. Where is the best place to buy new tires for my 2011 328i xDrive sedan? I think they currently have run flat tires on them. Should I go with run-flat again, or can I use standard tires?

I assume the dealership can get them, but will they charge stupidly high prices to put on new tires? Thanks.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Get them from tirerack. Find the tires you want, and then pick a shop in near you and tirerack ships them straight to the shop. Then all you need to do is call the shop and make an appointment. Even with $70-100 for shipping, it's still usually cheaper than buying at a dealer or local shop, and you can also pick the local installer you want rather than having to use whoever you bought the tires from. For instance, I use a specialty alignment/suspension shop near me who specializes in exotics and racecars, and I know that my wheels/tires will be perfectly mounted/balanced (along with my alignment, corner balancing, and so forth). When you pick a shop on tirerack it should also show you the tire mounting prices for each shop so you can shop around.

As for tires, standard tires will give you a better ride than run-flats and may also be cheaper. It's up to you whether you're ok without a spare and having to rely on roadside assistance or whatever if you get a flat that you can't limp home on. The tire dimensions are identical between standard and run-flats, so as long as you get the same size they fit just the same. If it were me I'd run normal tires and rely on the roadside assistance my insurance provides if I ever need it.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Thanks for the recommendation. If I can help with the tire choice let me know. There are a lot of rebates going on right now on a set of four tires. All the tires from us come with a 2 year road hazard as well.
    If I can help let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack