Thread: Lower intake boot issue!!!

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46

Lower intake boot issue!!!

Hello, back again.

I just got through changing the ccv (2002 325xi w/about 100,000 miles), first time, man what a job, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it in 1/3 the time if I ever have to do it again, which I surely hope I don't.

I got a $120 ccv kit from fcp including the lower intake boot though upon removal, mine turned out to be pretty resilient and in good shape. While reassembling things nice and slowly, i noticed the new boot has female ends on both sides. The one in the car is female where it connects to the throttle body (goes over the throttle body) but it's male on the other side (goes inside the boot downstream of the MAF). THE NEW BOOT ISN'T THAT, and thus, though the new boot will go on the throttle body, it won't fit on the upstream end.

The fcp online photos clearly show both their boots have two female ends, just like what I got BUT I BEEN THERE AND IT AIN'T RIGHT. I selected my car carefully on their site so I know that parts based on the VIN should be showing up.

Anyone have suggestions as to the source of this conundrum, i.e, why is the boot in the car female where it meets the throttle and male on the upstream end, yet the boot i got is double female?

FCP is gonna hear from me about this and I'll post the results... let this be a warning, for now, that anyone contemplating installing their kit may get the wrong boot. No biggie if your existing boot is good, as mine was, but a real disappointment otherwise.

More news to come!
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The lower boot does have 2 female ends. There's a plastic sleeve that connects the upper and lower boots together.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Marco is correct, the coupling is #5, between #3 & #6, in this diagram:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=13_0905