Thread: E36 S54, built on Alpina B3 basis

My Cars
    bmw m3

E36 S54, built on Alpina B3 basis

Hi guys,
    My name is Luka, I come from Slovenia. I wanted to show you one of my favorite cars, the S54 swapped E36. We built this one last year, it was a relatively clean build, as many OEM parts were used+ many hours of labour were spent to make the engine bay and everything else really look almost stock. The Picture of engine bay is not up to date, as I recently mounted a S54 Z3 airbox to avoid catching water into the low mounted air filter (it was mounted in fog light area before)+ there is an improvised temporary gearbox oil catch can present if you look closely, it is made of a baby milk bottle:-)
    Currently, the E36 has folowing specs: Wiechers bolt in cage (modified by me) Tarox 6 pot front brakes, vibratechnics engine mounts, complete M3 3.0 front+rear suspension (which is different as Alpina/325i/328i suspension) Bilstein clubsport springs and dampers, 5 speed M3 3.0 gearbox, CrMo single mass flywheel, dogbox gearbox, which is currently being repaired as it broke down (you can see the video of the gearbox problem on my YT channel), we kept the first part of the exhaust stock E46 M3 (including cats), but it had to be slightly modified to follow the E36 tunnel precisely. The rear muffler was custom made by my friend (scooby.si), it is fixed with springs and can be changed within minutes with a straight pipe version he also manufactures for me. M3 GT aluminium doors and plastic hood+trunk are were also fitted.
    The car was not built to be daily driven (allthough it could easily be), it was built for track day visits, hillclimbs, a bit of drifting and various other events.
    Being an original Alpina shell in great condition, I gave it a huge thought before going this way, but since the complete interior and some other stuff was missing, I made the decision to make it a fun car and I donīt regret it.
    I intend to convert it to GTR through this winter, that means complete bodykit and extensive suspension mods (width, wheelgap) are planned. The Schwarz2 colour will be kept.
    Here is a video where Iīm having fun attacking a local hillclimb course with this car, if you like it you can subscribe to my yt channel as I will be adding more videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERJQSjrOgbY
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lukamarko; 08-31-2017 at 06:58 AM.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    bmw m3
    Another video from the european hillclimb championship, where we drifted for the crowd:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENP_FfVZJA&t=13s
    The next step is to fit a GTR kit, does anyone have an idea how to deal with the huge wheel gap which commes with this kit? Rear axle is my main concern. I have allready built one e36 with GTR kit in 2009 (the one in the link https://www.avto-magazin.si/novice/d...-brani-naslov/ ), we had to extensively modify the rear axle, but it wasnīt that good of a solution, as the handling was off... Any good ideas are very welcome:-)

My Cars
    bmw m3
    One last video before the GTR body "takes place" Still gathering ideas how to minimize the gap at the rear axle...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUTAeDBXIE

My Cars
    bmw m3
    A video of half finished GTR transformation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrqoIZ7FJHo&t=128s
    + the finished car, presented on the Bilstein booth.
    Attached Images Attached Images