Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Italian GP @ Monza

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    Stoffel is doing a good job, he just keeps his head down and races.
    Actually Vandoorne lit up the garage after his retirement, so both drivers' frustration is really boiling over.

It'd be one thing if Alonso wasn't trying, but most pundits agree that his actual driving is as good as it's ever been. Quali in Spain or the race in Hungary are examples. I think that gives him more of a right to complain than if he were just coasting. And Honda's had 3 bloody years to sort this all out.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    TBD
    Alonso retired the car with engine problems at Spa last weekend. Honda inspected the engine and reported no problems. Alonso's last radio transmissions:

A: is it going to rain?
    E: nope, clear through end of race.
    A: I have engine issues.

Yeah, so while I agree that Honda's efforts haven't produced much, I think it's flogging a dead horse at this time. I think if he were offered another drive he would have left but with no where to go he has to stay with McLaren to stay in F1. Just my opinion but he's really start to get on my nerves with the constant whinging.

He's definitely a top class driver but he's driving for a team he chose. He wasn't forced into it. Honda is paying him huge amounts of money to drive. So while his comments were amusing for a while I am tired of it. We all Honda's a joke. The horse is dead, quit flogging it.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    Alonso retired the car with engine problems at Spa last weekend. Honda inspected the engine and reported no problems. Alonso's last radio transmissions:

A: is it going to rain?
    E: nope, clear through end of race.
    A: I have engine issues.

Yeah, so while I agree that Honda's efforts haven't produced much, I think it's flogging a dead horse at this time. I think if he were offered another drive he would have left but with no where to go he has to stay with McLaren to stay in F1. Just my opinion but he's really start to get on my nerves with the constant whinging.

He's definitely a top class driver but he's driving for a team he chose. He wasn't forced into it. Honda is paying him huge amounts of money to drive. So while his comments were amusing for a while I am tired of it. We all Honda's a joke. The horse is dead, quit flogging it.
    well today it was Vandoorne saying no power, and then the pit wall told Alonso to pit, retiring the car. I would do the same, Yousuke should have stepped aside after the first year, can't have 3 years and failure after failure. Even Renault are improving race by race, how could Honda not be able to at east have an engine that would last....
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    well today it was Vandoorne saying no power, and then the pit wall told Alonso to pit, retiring the car. I would do the same, Yousuke should have stepped aside after the first year, can't have 3 years and failure after failure. Even Renault are improving race by race, how could Honda not be able to at east have an engine that would last....
    Like I said: he's probably welcome to leave any time he wants. But he wants to get paid, he wants to be in F1, but he moans and moans. It's like the person that constantly complains about his circumstances but does nothing in his power to change it.

And yes, I agree, it's atrocious that Honda are where they are today but Alonso whining isn't going to change anything.

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    Great victory by the legend, trounced the thug Vettel and let the tifosi know that Ferrari power is inferior.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Disappointing drive from Kimi once again. He just doesn't have the pace. Not even nearly.

Stroll to Ferrari please!
    Stroll?

Based on what? He's not demonstrated even mediocre ability.

My Cars
    yay
    Between the complaining and passionate welcoming he's given to the Halo, I've become less keen on Alonso this season.

I'm not sure McLaren abandoning Honda now is smart. The Japanese hold honor in high regard and will make good of this situation if it's the last thing they do. I'm fully expecting that with or without McLaren, Honda will eventually build something that is very, very good.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    The Japanese hold honor in high regard and will make good of this situation if it's the last thing they do.
    ...like Toyota did...or Super Aguri...or Honda the last time around.....
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Honda need to change their management. They're just humiliating themselves.

My Cars
    yay
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    ...like Toyota did...or Super Aguri...or Honda the last time around.....
    You could be right. But did their brands take a beating to the same extent Honda's has this time around? I don't think so. I guess we shall see what happens.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Toyota didn't have any F1 legacy or expectations beyond the fact that they had zillions of dollars to spend on development so of course they would be competitive. Super Aguri had no brand recognition. Expectations were sky-high for a revival of the legendary McLaren-Honda partnership from the late '80s, and so the disappointment has been proportionately greater...

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    That was an almost unbearably dull race. Reminiscent of early 2000s Ferrari. Mercedes shut the cars down early and still pulled away from everyone. As cool as I think these cars are, they don't make for much good racing.

I've said it before, but 10 times out of 10 I'd take slower cars that can race closer over faster cars like these.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    This popped up on my YouTube, omg the noises...

https://youtu.be/NeaZGv8D_kI

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    ^That popped up on mine as well. Hmmmm.....

Regardless, yeah, the sound is orgasmic compared to the electric shaver hum of the current setup.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    ^That popped up on mine as well. Hmmmm.....

Regardless, yeah, the sound is orgasmic compared to the electric shaver hum of the current setup.
    On top of that the difference in sound is even greater when heard live. Recordings of F1 NA-engines never convey the lower frequencies properly, or how incredibly loud they are. (As most here have probably experienced them live you know how you can feel the noise as they scream past!)
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    On top of that the difference in sound is even greater when heard live. Recordings of F1 NA-engines never convey the lower frequencies properly, or how incredibly loud they are. (As most here have probably experienced them live you know how you can feel the noise as they scream past!)
    I hate to say I've never heard the old V8s or V10s in person. The last couple years I went to the race in Austin they ran some vintage (70s) F1 cars before the main race but they weren't pushing them too hard it seemed. I wonder if they'll ever do a "vintage" race with cars from the V10 era.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    I don't know where else to put this, so here it goes:

BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by roarf View Post
    I hate to say I've never heard the old V8s or V10s in person. The last couple years I went to the race in Austin they ran some vintage (70s) F1 cars before the main race but they weren't pushing them too hard it seemed. I wonder if they'll ever do a "vintage" race with cars from the V10 era.
    I was fortunate enough to have seen V12s, V10s and V8s mix it up during free practice at Monaco in 1994. Like it was alluded to above, the noise just goes right through you. It was amazing.

I don't know where else to put this, so here it goes:

[video]
    Saw that earlier today---pretty good. Bummed they didn't get the Toleman question or that Kimi flubbed the first question... Would have been nice to see them atop the leaderboard.

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Why does Todt hate F1 so?

Todt backs Halo 'yellow jersey' idea for F1 https://motorsport.com/f1/news/halo-...jersey-950297/ via @motorsport

-DNC

My Cars
    yay
    Fjt

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    It's a beautiful feeling. Closest I ever came to religion, anyway.

You can still imagine it when the television microphones kind of... 'overload' is the only word that comes to mind. That half-second when the car passes and the noise is too loud to be captured without static.

That's what went right through your chest; the compressed waves of atmosphere that pounded your torso, took the air from your lungs and made your heart skip a beat. It was glorious. You didn't even need to actually 'hear' it; you had ear plugs in, anyway; you needed only feel it.

Christ I miss proper F1...

There really was a time when this sport was, without any question, in a league of its own.

We've replaced that with DRS zones, two-stroke engines, halos, 195-place grid penalties; and for what?

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Road relevance.

-DNC

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Perhaps Todt can introduce qualifying and racing speed limits next, then.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Perhaps Todt can introduce qualifying and racing speed limits next, then.
    I wouldn't be surprised.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Quote Originally Posted by roarf View Post
    I wonder if they'll ever do a "vintage" race with cars from the V10 era.
    I hate to say it, but unless the teams themselves do it it's not possible. Those cars require a huge amount of connectivity to run, more than anybody but a manufacturer would have.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast