Williams 45
    Toro Rosso 40
    Haas 35
    Renault 34
    Mclaren 11
    Sauber 5

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    this is going to be another Mercedes walk. Ferrari will introduce a new engine, but with new rules is restricted to .9L per 100km of oil consumption, while mercedes is at 1.2L per 100km since they introduced the engine before Monza.
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    No doubt. Mercedes have the advantage at any high speed tracks like Monza. Ferrari still cannot be on par with the Mercs in terms of power.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    this is going to be another Mercedes walk. Ferrari will introduce a new engine, but with new rules is restricted to .9L per 100km of oil consumption, while mercedes is at 1.2L per 100km since they introduced the engine before Monza.
    Have a good article recommendation explaining this rule in detail? I'm not familiar.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Have a good article recommendation explaining this rule in detail? I'm not familiar.
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...rn-spa-946864/

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Typical knee jerk mid season reaction with big implications on the balance of the season.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Okay, I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm a bit lost and confused. Burn oil for more added performance but keep up with today's trend for more environmentally friendly engines? I don't understand.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm a bit lost and confused. Burn oil for more added performance but keep up with today's trend for more environmentally friendly engines? I don't understand.
    yes, so much for environment.....they are burning what 5 quarts during the race, so maybe 10 quarts on the whole weekend. What is interesting is the timing, right after Mercedes bring their last engine upgrade the rules changes. That means Williams, Force India will have .9l of oil allowed, like Ferrari, and Renault. Factory MB can still run 1.2l, which is good for power and engine reliability, since help lubrication. Also that is the power boost they have for qualifying, different engine map+lubrication.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Also, did Bottas have a new engine in Spa or just Hamilton? because if he didn't then he will have engines at the .9l while LH at 1.2, therefore he will be at a disadvantage to challenge (not counting lauda already saying he should be playing second fiddle to lewis), and Williams and Force India will also be at the .9, Red Bull will have a new engine in Monza so they also will be at .9l, don't know about the Factory Renault but guess .9 and TR too.
    So in essence MB will have a technical advantage that not even their customers would benefit.....

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    yes, so much for environment.....they are burning what 5 quarts during the race, so maybe 10 quarts on the whole weekend. What is interesting is the timing, right after Mercedes bring their last engine upgrade the rules changes. That means Williams, Force India will have .9l of oil allowed, like Ferrari, and Renault. Factory MB can still run 1.2l, which is good for power and engine reliability, since help lubrication. Also that is the power boost they have for qualifying, different engine map+lubrication.

The oil has additives to help boost power, as I understand it. FIA has handed an advantage to Merc, as if they needed it.

-DNC

My Cars
    yay
    God, I hate the FIA.
    Last edited by BoldUlysses; 09-01-2017 at 10:58 PM. Reason: profanity

My Cars
    TBD
    The FIA seems to still be out of touch with events and consumers of F1. I wonder if that will ever change with Todt still in power?

I think this latest decision may hint at Todt's dislike of the new management at Ferrari.

My Cars
    Panzer Turbo
    Since I can't use profanity in here: "wow."

I won't fault Merc for bending every single rule to their advantage, but I would gladly lynch Todt if given the chance. The FIA is out of control. Rules on top of rules on top of rules; all designed to do what, aside from hurt the sport?

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    And now they want to get rid of the penalty system, I am in favor of the penalties, having raced in karts and local/regional categories if your engine broke or transmission you started from the back. It wouldn't be fair to the teams whose engines are ok to compete with team that have brand new ICE, Turbos, etc

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart951 View Post
    Since I can't use profanity in here: "wow."

I won't fault Merc for bending every single rule to their advantage, but I would gladly lynch Todt if given the chance. The FIA is out of control. Rules on top of rules on top of rules; all designed to do what, aside from hurt the sport?

Todt sealed the Merc advantage, ensuring poles and the next WCC. Only hope Ferrari/Vettel have is Bottas taking points off Ham, unlikely if Bottas wants that extension. Mid season rule changes change the natural season trajectory.

-DNC

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I may have said this before but I truly think FIA are just cluless and don't know what is good for this sport anymore.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    missed qualifying, and see hamilton, stroll, and ocon. max verstappen and daniel ricciardo were 2nd and 3rd but demoted due to penalties. Vettel and Raikkonen 8th and 7th. It was heavy rain, both Ferraris 2.4 seconds off the pace.
    Now my question, today was wet and tomorrow is going to be a dry race (25c according to servizio meteorologico) do the cars are allowed to change set ups? from wet to dry, because I don't think there is a 2.5 seconds difference from MB to Ferrari. I thought the cars have to start the way they finished qualifying, only change tires, or that was in the past??

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Good for Ham. Stroll and Ocon dont care much about his championship

My Cars
    TBD
    missed qualifying, and see hamilton, stroll, and ocon. max verstappen and daniel ricciardo were 2nd and 3rd but demoted due to penalties. Vettel and Raikkonen 8th and 7th. It was heavy rain, both Ferraris 2.4 seconds off the pace.
    Now my question, today was wet and tomorrow is going to be a dry race (25c according to servizio meteorologico) do the cars are allowed to change set ups? from wet to dry, because I don't think there is a 2.5 seconds difference from MB to Ferrari. I thought the cars have to start the way they finished qualifying, only change tires, or that was in the past??
    Parc Ferme conditions: i.e. there are not allowed to change anything - including setups prior to race start. So, there's still a little hope for Ferrari tomorrow - but track position is king in this new formula.

Well, unless a team decides that they will start from pit lane and then they can change whatever they want.

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale

Perfect. Grosjean is such an idiot sometimes.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Hamilton is such a pathetic liar, trying to say that Ferraris are as fast or even faster... How stupid can you be? At least make your pathologically narcissistic lies believable!!

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Disappointing drive from Kimi once again. He just doesn't have the pace. Not even nearly.

Stroll to Ferrari please!

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    i stopped watching after 5 laps, MB was like 2 seconds per lap faster than Ferrari.....

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneZium View Post
    Disappointing drive from Kimi once again. He just doesn't have the pace. Not even nearly.

Stroll to Ferrari please!
    Kimi had issues with the rear of his car after his turn 1 incident with Bottas. I think the camber was knocked off. Thus he had a very squirilly rear end - oversteering like crazy - you could see when he trying on the throttle at corner exit. With less corner and exit speed it wasn't expected he would do well.

I don't think Kimi is driving his best but he genuinely had car issues.

Merc, once again, has the best car by far on the grid. Oil-gate no withstanding, they have done, and continue, to do a better job than any other team in F1. I really want Ferrari/Seb to win but Ferrari need to pull finger. I think their last change to the car (fiddling by removing a font end suspension component) has hurt them.

Ric deserved driver of the day. Max, he needs to stop being such a bully and realize that not everyone is going to move out of his way to avoid an accident.

Also, I'm getting really sick and tired of Alonso whinging every single race. He gets paid mega bucks and it was his choice to race for McLaren Honda (I'm 100% sure he has a competitive clause in the contract so he could pull out of it any time he wants but he knows there's no where else to go - he made his bed now he's just whining about it). Every time he opens his whinging trap it's getting more and more embarrassing for him. Stoffel is doing a good job, he just keeps his head down and races. Alonso whining about Palmer so Palmer gets a 5 second for being forced off the track and gaining an "advantage" whereas Max forces (by not leaving a car's width) Kmag off the track and nothing. Kmag has been a bit of a twit recently but fair's fair.
    Last edited by RidgeBack; 09-03-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast