Thread: Houston, TX - Flood damage; Possible new lease

My Cars
    2016 320i

Houston, TX - Flood damage; Possible new lease

My 2016 320i was submerged in my parking garage as buffalo bayou broke through the apartment floodgates. I've already got an appraiser from USAA coming next week and as far as I know, I only have to pay the deductible as I have gap coverage since it's a lease.

However, my concern now is when I go back to BMW Houston North is will they try to be greedy if I sign up for a new lease? Since the gap coverage will satisfy my previous lease contract, I feel like this will be treated as if the old car never existed. My old dealer who got me a great deal last time doesn't work there anymore.

So should I go in expecting them to be greedy soulless ****s, or could they try to honor my previous monthly payment for a newer model?

My Cars
    2001 525it
    If it's flooded the car is done, unless they complete a holes , given the huge amount of damage done by the storm, I would hope they get you into a new car with no problems

My Cars
    '14 328xi Sport Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Gamble View Post
    My 2016 320i was submerged in my parking garage as buffalo bayou broke through the apartment floodgates. I've already got an appraiser from USAA coming next week and as far as I know, I only have to pay the deductible as I have gap coverage since it's a lease.

However, my concern now is when I go back to BMW Houston North is will they try to be greedy if I sign up for a new lease? Since the gap coverage will satisfy my previous lease contract, I feel like this will be treated as if the old car never existed. My old dealer who got me a great deal last time doesn't work there anymore.

So should I go in expecting them to be greedy soulless ****s, or could they try to honor my previous monthly payment for a newer model?
    I don't get it--they give you a good deal, or you walk. What does it matter what happened to your old car?
    2014 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire / Black Red Dakota | Sport Line | Premium Pkg | Lighting Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance | Nav | Shift Paddles