Thread: What is the best valve cover gasket company for your bmw e46 pre lci and lci models?

My Cars
    BMW E53 4.6is IMOLA RED

What is the best valve cover gasket company for your bmw e46 pre lci and lci models?

in this thread i would like to hear everyones opinion on which is the best aftermarket company to use when replacing ones valve cover gasket when due ?

My Cars
    2005 BMW 330Ci Coupe
    Meistersatz or Elring

Only brand I would use for valve cover gasket other than OE Genuine BMW

My Cars
    BMW E53 4.6is IMOLA RED
    good choices there.

I've been asked frequently from friends and a lot of my customers which companies are great and why.

i try to explain to people that yes OE genuine bmw is great and some people feel better and trust buying products from the dealer but i also include that a lot of the aftermarket companies out there have contracts with bmw and provide their parts to bmw for profit and in turn bmw stamps their logo on the product.

for example a lot of electrical parts that are in some bmw vehicles are made by hallen, pierburg, bosh, and many others and people can get those same parts the dealer has on the shelf through parts distributers in their area or state but with out the bmw stamp and this is where people get confused.

i trust certain companies and i recommend others but my main objective is to help the person save some money where ever they can.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Factory BMW gasket

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    Isn't that supplier "Bosch". as in "gut, besser, Bosch"?

I wouldn't consider a supplier "aftermarket" if they supply OE to BMW. In that case the supplier is the OEM.

There are a lot of second- or third-tier suppliers "out there" and one has to trust someone. I deal with a local, mostly euro, foreign car parts seller and trust their opinion, which I seek and they freely give me, face to face, and often with comparisons and "reasons why not".
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.