Thread: Maintanance assistance NEEDED in Las Vegas area.

My Cars
    1986 635csi

Maintanance assistance NEEDED in Las Vegas area.

My '86 635Csi is in need of some major TLC.

Right now I'm needing to replace the middle drive shaft barring & block. To do so the exhaust needs to be removed and to do that the front anti-sway bar (have a replacement for the anti-sway bar and the front shocks/springs as well). I also need to replace the clutch (and shifter). There are other things but those are currently the most pressing that I am unable to accomplish now.

I currently have most of the parts that need to be replaces/fixed, and I have the tools to do just about every part of the tasks. However, bluntly put I am missing a couple major things, the first might be just a mechanically inclined and interested friend to help out (always nice to have someone to chat with and be there to call 911 if something stupid does happen), the other being a decent space to do any of the work as I live in an apartment and they don't tend to appreciate you taking apart your cars in the lot (its also not covered parking so it is almost always painfully hot to do the work), so having a decent place to do the work would be very nice,

That being said, it would be quite nice to find another auto enthusiast who enjoys playing around with older BMW's (and maybe has a place to work on them) to help with some of the maintenance. It would be great to be able to take a day (or weekend/afternoon/etc.) to do these things, and I would of course be bringing the beer & pizza (or whatever). It wouldn't be right of me to ask for help and not also be willing to help out others, if I am able to assist someone around here as well I would love to do so.

My Cars
    Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97
    Wow someone in Las Vegas!! I thought I was the only one since I moved there in April.

Check these guys out http://www.sincitydiy.com/pricing.html for space and lift, best to break up the project into segments to get on & off the lift in as little time as possible.
    I don't have a place, in an apartment now too, lets get together and see what you have. I'm over by Las Vegas Blvd & Wigmam.
    Steve
    'Sweetness Tres' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '97 Boston Green 66K Smiles Mine
    'Sweetness Too' M52, 2.5L Z3 5-Speed Roadster, '00 Jet Black 165K Smiles 2022 Gone Ins Co Total in Jan 2022- Right Front Collision - Paid $8850 !!
    'Ol' Black Betty' S52, 3.2L ///M3 5-Speed Vert '98 Cosmos Black 265K Smiles Wifeys
    M50, 2.5L 525i E34 Tragi-matic '95 Sedan Alpine White III 238K Smiles Was Daughters Mine Again
    'Gretchen' M30, 3.5L 535i E34 Tragi-matic '90 Sedan Glacier Blue/Indigo 144K Smiles 2018 Gone & I miss her
    'Sweetness' M44, 1.9L Z3 5-Speed Roadster '96 Boston Green 264K Smiles Was Mine Ins Co Total in Jan 2013- Rear End Collision - Paid $4800 !!