Thread: Vendor that won't stand behind parts.

My Cars
    00 MRoadster '83 745i,

Vendor that won't stand behind parts.

Just posted this lising on ebay.

Pretty self explanatory. I am sure it will be deleted soon.

I am normally not one to vendor bash. But boost-monkey would not stand behind a part that failed within 3 days.

Innovate 3737 O2 Oxygen Sensor by Bosch LSU 4.2 Wide Band Tuning | eBay

My Cars
    E21/early e23/e34
    Guessing you paid via PayPal, can't they help, think you have buyer protection.

My Cars
    84' 533i Turbo
    Damn, that sucks. 3 days it unacceptable.

My Cars
    1990 735I (E32) M30
    What car do u need this O2 Sensor for?? Year and model Please
    1990 735I (Auto) E32 Feb 1990 to Present
    1996 Z3 Roadster (5 Speed) E36/7 Jan 1999 to Dec 1999
    1983 733I (5 Speed) E23 April 1983 to Feb 1990
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d4tHoHGaJo
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av20xCMMocSsyEpl...h_oOk?e=ekIcAT

My Cars
    00 MRoadster '83 745i,
    Using it on my 83 745i. It isn't part of the engine management. I have a console mounted AFR meter (along with fuel pressure gauge, oil temp gauge and boost gauge). I replaced the defective sensor with another and it works fine now.

Paypal is owned by ebay. Ebay would not help because I did not pay extra for "buyer protection" so I figured paypal would be a waste of time. Without any explanation, ebay simply said that the purchase did not "qualifiy" for a refund. First, I didn't ask for a refund; I asked to exhange it. At some point, it is just not worth my time to fight it. I do admit I did not try to resolve it through paypal; just didn't want to waste any more of my time.

My ad to sell the defective part is still up. I has had 326 views.

My Cars
    3 Series
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnbilodeau View Post
    Using it on my 83 745i. It isn't part of the engine management. I have a console mounted AFR meter (along with fuel pressure gauge, oil temp gauge and boost gauge). I replaced the defective sensor with another and it works fine now.

Paypal is owned by ebay. Ebay would not help because I did not pay extra for "buyer protection" so I figured paypal would be a waste of time. Without any explanation, ebay simply said that the purchase did not "qualifiy" for a refund. First, I didn't ask for a refund; I asked to exhange it. At some point, it is just not worth my time to fight it. I do admit I did not try to resolve it through paypal; just didn't want to waste any more of my time.

My ad to sell the defective part is still up. I has had 326 views.

First, PayPal and eBay split years ago.

Second, you just need to go through the process of returning it on eBay.

There is zero chance you made any attempt to return the part besides sending the seller a message.

Go through the proper avenues and you'll get your return.

My Cars
    E21/early e23/e34
    Quote Originally Posted by testify View Post
    First, PayPal and eBay split years ago.

Second, you just need to go through the process of returning it on eBay.

There is zero chance you made any attempt to return the part besides sending the seller a message.

Go through the proper avenues and you'll get your return.
    100% accurate! Go through the motions of returning the part, you will get the credit- Ebay always sides with the buyer...

My Cars
    87 535i/84 €735i/8
    Which is why most sellers are scared of negative feedback...
    --Jay3->Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
    84 €735i manual, 88 528e/i
    Motronic 1 and 1.3 wiring
    Transmission & Diff gearing sheet

My Cars
    00 MRoadster '83 745i,
    testify: How would you know what attempts I made?
    kojo96: How would you know what attempts I made?

Neither of you knows what you are talking about. If you knew me, you know I don't BS. After sending the seller a message, and only getting one unresponsive response, I opened a "case" with ebay.
    The following messages are copied from my ebay message in box, and pasted here without editing. I don't have time to make this up. I had no idea that ebay and paypal split. Either way, it really doesn't matter to me. I was done arguing with idiots.
    After opening the case, I received this message from ebay on Aug 17.

Hi camarolynn,
    Thanks for letting us know about the problem you had with this transaction. We're here to help.
    Next steps:
    If you don't hear back from the seller or you can't work things out, you can ask us to step in and help starting on Aug 23, 2017.

Then, later the same day, I received this message:

The seller replied to you
    Hi Lynn,
    boost-monkey sent you a message about your request:
    "Hello did the o2 sensor work when installed initially and than stop working?"
    To reply now, see your request details.
    If you have not agreed on a solution by Aug 23, 2017 , you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Sep 29, 2017.

Then, on Aug. 23, I get this one:

Hi camarolynn,
    boost-monkey has asked us to step in and help. We'll make a decision within 48 hours.
    We'll get back to you within 48 hours.

Later the same day, this message:

This case is now closed
    Hi Lynn,
    We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, this item isn't covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.
    After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund.

So, I appeal the case, and acknowledge that I did not purchase the additional cost "buyer protection plan" from ebay (my understanding is that this is not offered by the seller, but is an extra cost option offered by ebay). Don't know that it matters one way or another. The next day (Aug 24) after what I am certain is a very thorough review of all aspects, including the implied warranty of fitness (wouldn't expect a couple of neanderthals to even know what that means... but it does mean something) I get the following message:

We weren't able to give you a refund
    Hi Lynn,
    After reviewing this case, we decided to keep the original outcome. We weren't able to grant your appeal because we determined the original decision was correct.
    You won't receive a refund for this case.
    So, not only did I contact the seller. I opened a case with ebay, and even appealed the case. Hmmm, sounds nothing like your asinine statement, based on NOTHING that:

An apology would be nice. I am not expecting it.

BTW, I am active on several boards, and posted this on several boards. This is the only board where I was called a liar.
    Last edited by lynnbilodeau; 09-20-2017 at 08:17 PM.

My Cars
    1985 BMW 745i
    I didn't read through any of this.

But on innovates you have to calibrate iirc. So if that wasn't done maybe that's an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    00 MRoadster '83 745i,
    I calibrated it. The one in there now was calibrated the exact same way. It works perfectly. Just drove it to an from work today. It is not the calibartion. It is a defectife part. Period.

My Cars
    84' 533i Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by testify View Post
    There is zero chance you have clue what he attempted or didn't attempt. Unless Miss Cleo gave you an accurate reading.