Thread: Aftermarket Stereo Static

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.8

Aftermarket Stereo Static

OK guys, discovered something really weird by accident today, looking for a cure.My Car had a Kenwood deck in it when i bought it, i never liked it, was kinda old school and stations went in and out all the time, static.I put in a new Amplified stubby antenna, no change.Pulled the Deck and installed a pioneer i had here single Din, still static, i said screw it and ordered a Brand New single Din with 4.1" monitor in it, and installed a little hidden camera right below my Front Plate, so now wifey has no more excuses for hitting the curb when pulling up at a restaraunt.I too have been closer then i like once or twice with that Long snout.
    So after todays install, camera installed, looks Great, sounds Great, left stereo running as i was putting dash back together, i got to install the Trim Bezel(woodgrain) and what do you know, soon as bezel got close to stereo, there goes my stations, What the"""" Come to find out that Bezel is Laminated with a piece of Metal sheet in the middle, was anyone aware of that?????Leave it off, stereo works Great, put it close, nothing but Static.
    I'm hoping i can find an aftermarket Bezel, if not i'll have to Fab one up out of something i guess...
    Idea's are welcome.......

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Are you sure tha antenna amp has power to it when the radio is on. Are you using the stock amp or the radio amp. There should be a power wire to the antenna amp below the antenna.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    The plastic bezel doesn't have the metal internal sheet, only the fancy ones get that uh...feature. The chrome rings for the wood one have a deeper interior beveled edge and don't fit the plastic version. Plastic version chrome rings may fit both but not go flush with the dials and stuff.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    "Real" wood trim in automobiles is manufactured by applying a tissue thin sheet of veneer to a metal plate on a vacuum press which is in turn covered by layers of clear plastic coating and glued to a plastic backing. There is less wood in a typical piece of trim than in the shavings left behind from sharpening a pencil. Aftermarket stereo components like head units often have issues interacting with the car, and some are simply incompatible with it and will never sound right. All that being said, are you talking about "radio" reception--as in broadcast signals over the public air waves? I haven't actually "tuned in" to a broadcast radio station in years--maybe a decade. Don't you just stream your content from your cell data stream through your phone? In a world where satellite radio is obsolete, does anyone still tune in to broadcast radio? Do people still watch tv with rabbit ear antennas and channels? And what's all this about letting your wife drive your Z? I thought that was against the rules.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    I used to use the radios in vehicles I was test driving to listen to local stations. Only the super duty trucks could pick up a station I liked. If it weren't for the advertisements, I would like more than two stations. That's probably the main reason why local stations are dying, honestly.

And NO, I never let my wife drive.