Thread: BMW Employees- You Hiring?

My Cars
    E93 335 M Sport and E30

BMW Employees- You Hiring?

Hey guys, haven't posted on here in a few years as I unfortunately had to sell my last BMW (2011 e93 M sport 335i) at the end of 2014 and haven't had the luck to be back in a BMW until just last month (getting married so saving money for now- bought a beautiful e46 330i 4 door). Anyway, to the guys that work at BMW....

I'm a police officer and I'm looking for a side job. I have almost 7 years of experience working at Bay Ridge Lexus (got the opportunity to work there when I was 17, always wished it was BMW) and did everything there from porter to salesman before I left for the police department in 2014. I want my part time job to be something that I'm extremely passionate about and that could possibly even last past my 20 years as a cop- why not BMW?! So if any of you work at any BMW dealership that's close to Staten Island and know that you're hiring for part time positions (I'll do whatever is available to get my foot in the door) please let me know! My only cavaet is my schedule- it's very unreliable. I can definitely give one full day per week (most likely Saturdays which are the busiest dealership day anyway) but I could get hit with overtime,arrests, court, etc. at any time which is what makes it difficult to hire me. Anyway, if you could work around that, you get an employee with many pros (7 years of experience at a dealership, disciplined, clean cut, etc) that would absolutely love to work at BMW and who knows, possibly be Designing the 9 series or something awesome even past my police career! On the days that I'm there, you won't have a harder worker in the building! Email me at ranola0312@yahoo.com if you could help, thank you!

My Cars
    M4
    Quote Originally Posted by ranola0312 View Post
    Hey guys, haven't posted on here in a few years as I unfortunately had to sell my last BMW (2011 e93 M sport 335i) at the end of 2014 and haven't had the luck to be back in a BMW until just last month (getting married so saving money for now- bought a beautiful e46 330i 4 door). Anyway, to the guys that work at BMW....

I'm a police officer and I'm looking for a side job. I have almost 7 years of experience working at Bay Ridge Lexus (got the opportunity to work there when I was 17, always wished it was BMW) and did everything there from porter to salesman before I left for the police department in 2014. I want my part time job to be something that I'm extremely passionate about and that could possibly even last past my 20 years as a cop- why not BMW?! So if any of you work at any BMW dealership that's close to Staten Island and know that you're hiring for part time positions (I'll do whatever is available to get my foot in the door) please let me know! My only cavaet is my schedule- it's very unreliable. I can definitely give one full day per week (most likely Saturdays which are the busiest dealership day anyway) but I could get hit with overtime,arrests, court, etc. at any time which is what makes it difficult to hire me. Anyway, if you could work around that, you get an employee with many pros (7 years of experience at a dealership, disciplined, clean cut, etc) that would absolutely love to work at BMW and who knows, possibly be Designing the 9 series or something awesome even past my police career! On the days that I'm there, you won't have a harder worker in the building! Email me at ranola0312@yahoo.com if you could help, thank you!
    Being on the job, the schedule is the hard part. Anything in commissioned sales won't work because you'll have client appointments as your main priority and scheduled availability for walk ins a close second.

The service and parts side of the business is even more schedule based so those are out.

The only position that might afford the flexibility in schedule that you mentioned is a BMW Genius.

Customers are often coming in for detailed info about how to utilize their car properly. In addition, Geniuses also usually perform at least part of the delivery process and act as a scheduling buffer between the busy sales person and the busy finance manager. No matter how well a delivery schedule is set up, inevitably someone needs more time in finance, a salesman gets tied up with another customer and/or a customer needs more time to go over the car with the Genius.

Since a lot of the months deliveries are done on the weekends, it can get a bit hairy. Bring a Genius who knows the product, knows how to multi task AND knows how to keep cool under pressure (which I'm sure you do!), might be a great fit. Basically you'd be an extra set of Genius hands in deck.

If you solicit life quality or one of the northern NJ dealers (presumably the closest franchised dealers to you), check out DealerRater.com or the stores own web site, either way, find the general managers name, go in (in uniform if possible and just say hey, I wanna work for you but my schedule doesn't allow me to work in sales, could you use a professionally speaking, educated and responsive BMW Genius.

They should be responsive.

It's not the highest paying job in the store but it puts you in prime position to migrate to sales then sales management once you retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E93 335 M Sport and E30
    Genius is exactly what I'm looking for! I did the equivalent of that at lexus for nearly 2 years, I think regarding my schedule it would be perfect especially if I am able to give Saturdays (most of the time). I went back to Lexus last year with a half sales/half admin job (they made up the position for me) and the sales part was impossible with just being there one day per week, as I expected. But I figure if Lexus can hire me as a cop, I could find a BMW too! Thank you for your reply, your knowledge and your tips!