Thread: BMW F90 M5 Pictures (G30 5 Series)

My Cars
    z3

BMW F90 M5 Pictures (G30 5 Series)

Pictures and quote from Jalopnik

From the 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 comes 600 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque. That’s up 40 horses and 53 lb-ft over the outgoing model, which uses the same motor. With the new M-specific all-wheel-drive system, imaginatively called M xDrive, the car starts up in 4WD with the traction control on.

Depending on what you want to do with the car, you can change the driving modes around. This includes a RWD mode with no traction control.

All that is good enough to make the M5 go from zero to 60 mph in a claimed 3.2 seconds, which makes it the quickest M car ever.

Some sad news, however: an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission is the only gearbox that gets a mention in BMW’s news about the model, so the manual transmission really does die with the outgoing car as expected.
    I like it... looks good, don't love the AWD or lack of manual trans but who is buying these cars with a manual anyways, except in the hope that the rarity of a manual will help increase the value someday? I really can't fathom anybody wanting to row their own gears on a car like this, especially a car like this where the engine was tuned to work with the DCT. I love manuals as much as the next guy but some cars can be automatic and a big barge 5 series is one of them imo.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-27-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    Haha, G30? The design studio must be three feet deep with abandoned prototypes.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    The thing I don't like about the last two generations of the M5, is that they don't do enough to distinguish it as an M. It looks like a sport pack 5 series with some better wheels.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    I felt like the M5 was always a bit more of a sleeper on purpose, no?
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    Maybe so
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2015 X1 & 2000 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
    The thing I don't like about the last two generations of the M5, is that they don't do enough to distinguish it as an M. It looks like a sport pack 5 series with some better wheels.
    I'd say that about the first 2 generations, not the latest. Every generation seems to get more and more differentiations not less.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
    I disagree with this...

For two reasons. One, I don't think an M5 should be "distinguished" as an M. The point was they were luxury sports sedans, cars that could fly under the radar. Discreet speed machines... to me an M5 shouldn't be showy

But to me, this one is. Way more than any previous generation. M5's only tried to go for the aggressive M look with the E60, the F10 was even more tamed down in my opinion.
    This on the other hand, it actually looks wide and mean. Look, an M5 with a carbon fiber roof with creases down it just like the M4. The rear bumper wheel vent things all M's seem to have now...

Love it or hate it I do think this car shares more "M" heritage with it's contemporaries vs. any previous M5...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1 Blue, 1 White, 1 Black
    What are those red buttons on the steering wheel, switches for heating?
    Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I | '99 Silvia S15 | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3

Instagram

My Cars
    05 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
    What are those red buttons on the steering wheel, switches for heating?
    M1/M2 mode buttons which allows the driver to have custom preset modes for transmission, steering, etc

Also isn't it the F90?
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    skateboard
    Kind of kool you can switch to rwd only with it.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by justinca540i View Post
    ... Also isn't it the F90?
    It was based on the G30 5 series, I wasn't sure if the M series chassis code was finalized by the time I first wrote this. Now they have officially announced it as the F90.

Still odd to me that BMW M vehicles are starting to get different chassis codes vs. their standard non-M siblings. The cars are still based on the same chassis at the end of the day... though I guess it makes sense, an S50 is an M50 with just a few things different... the block is the same... at which point does an engine become a new engine or a car a new chassis... guess thats a whole different discussion!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    05 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    It was based on the G30 5 series, I wasn't sure if the M series chassis code was finalized by the time I first wrote this. Now they have officially announced it as the F90.

Still odd to me that BMW M vehicles are starting to get different chassis codes vs. their standard non-M siblings. The cars are still based on the same chassis at the end of the day... though I guess it makes sense, an S50 is an M50 with just a few things different... the block is the same... at which point does an engine become a new engine or a car a new chassis... guess thats a whole different discussion!
    Gotcha, I realized this thread was older and from before the actually announcement.
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    Interior looks amazing, not a big fan of the exterior

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Looks great bar those reflector looking things in the bottom of the rear bumper. Looks just like the ones on the new Civic Type R.