Thread: Bmw key not working??

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325XI

Bmw key not working??

I have a 2003 BMW 325xi and Noticed my key stopped working ordered panasonic vl2020 3 volt battery off ebay and put it in followed instructions but still does not work do I have to reprogram anything or? HELP! Thanks!!

My Cars
    94 325i, 06 325i, 11 535
    What is not working? Just the remote function? Does the central locking mechanism work?

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKFilms View Post
    I have a 2003 BMW 325xi and Noticed my key stopped working ordered panasonic vl2020 3 volt battery off ebay and put it in followed instructions but still does not work do I have to reprogram anything or? HELP! Thanks!!
    You do need to resync it with the car. Get in the car with all of your remote keys and close the door. Quickly turn the key to run (don't start it), then back to off in less than 5 seconds. Now sync each key by holding the unlock button and quickly tapping the lock button 3 times, then releasing the unlock button. Each time you do this, the locks will cycle to confirm. After repeating this with all keys, turn the car on to finalize the procedure

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325XI
    Quote Originally Posted by jarsdad1 View Post
    What is not working? Just the remote function? Does the central locking mechanism work?

Yes it does when I press to lock all doors it works!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325XI
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    You do need to resync it with the car. Get in the car with all of your remote keys and close the door. Quickly turn the key to run (don't start it), then back to off in less than 5 seconds. Now sync each key by holding the unlock button and quickly tapping the lock button 3 times, then releasing the unlock button. Each time you do this, the locks will cycle to confirm. After repeating this with all keys, turn the car on to finalize the procedure
    I tried doing that cause I saw from older forums online but it has not worked for me idk why?

My Cars
    M3 Buildup
    every time I have this issue in an e46 where the central locking works but the remote key won't initialize/program the customer needs a new key. PM me if you need one made for you. I will make you one cheaper than you can find anywhere else.
    Last edited by Driiven; 08-23-2017 at 02:42 AM.
    Buy my native installed ISIS ISTA-D/ISTA-P bmw diagnostic laptop. More Info Here!

My Cars
    E46 wag. E36 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKFilms View Post
    I tried doing that cause I saw from older forums online but it has not worked for me idk why?
    Nice when the remote key works, mine still does with one of the two remote keys I have. A third key, looks a little different, not as big, and I didn't get the plastic one, probably still in the previous owners wallet!

That said, one can still access the car without that remote. I know people that payed $200+ to rehabilitate one key all for the small convenience a few feet away to unlock the doors! Reminds me of the neighbors next door... who rolled up the windows in their car on a hot summers day...in order to have everyone believe their car was 'air-conditioned' when in fact it was not, how phony can we be?