Thread: I Ask For Your Guidance Fellow BIMMER enthusiasts!

My Cars
    2008 328i BMW

I Ask For Your Guidance Fellow BIMMER enthusiasts!

Alrighty, hopefully I have your attention! I'm a US Marine deploying over seas for the next 3 years, and I HAVE to fix my e90 before I go so I can sell it! Now, what happened was my tire caught my ambient temp sensor from not being properly installed. It vigorously ripped out along with multiple other wires in the same harness! I repaired the temp sensor but now I've come to a dead halt! I can't seem to figure out what the other wires are??? I have suspicion that one is connected to a tire pressure sensor because it is popped up on my HUD as a red tire symbol. Again this is the passenger side behind the headlights. If you have any knowledge please regard giving me help. Appreciate it brothers! I made a video clip of what everything looks like and details and uploaded it to Youtube below is the link. MUCHO GRACIAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ekYYJe7A0 <---------------------------------

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    I think you have fog light, temp sensor, and tire pressure receiver on that branch. Brown will always be ground on BMWs. The thicker wires should be for the fog light, since they carry more power. My wiring diagrams won't show me what all is on each branch of the wiring harness, and the wiring changes depending on exactly when your car was built. I think the best way to proceed would be to set up some diagnostic software, as that will show you errors for everything that isn't connected. I can give you free download links for the same ISTA program that the dealership uses. You would just need a $20 K+DCAN cable off ebay (green cicuit board and switch).
    As far as fixing the wiring, I think your best bet might be to find a wrecked e90 and buy that section of the wiring harness. It's usually cheap, and that way you have all the wires and connectors, just match up the wires by color. Solder and heat shrink would be best, though there are some nice waterproof connectors that would work.
    Alternately you could use the free software to code out the TPMS system and instead enable the flat-tire monitor system. Then just fix the temp sensor and fog light.

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    I had my bumper off today, so to update you should have horn, temp sensor, fog light, and tire pressure receiver.
    Horn-(purple/blue, brown) approximately 18 gauge
    Fog-(yellow/brown, brown) approximatly 16 gauge
    Temp sensor-(blue/red, blue/brown) aproximately 18 gauge
    Tire sensor-(brown/white, black/white, grey/white) approximately 20 gauge