I have a 2005 BMW E87 118D Sport that I am trying to upgrade as ita only done 65,000 miles and is mechanically sound.

I was looking to install a double DIN audio system but understand they do not fit a pre facelift E87 . I was advised that a facelift dash trim can be installed into the vehicle and have managed to find a good deal on the entire upper and lower dash trim in as new condition from a 2008 E87 LCI. I am planning to pick this up and then switch over and install the dash in about 2 or 3 weeks time. I have been told it will take about 2 to 3 hours to switch over. I have also been advices that the 'devices' trim, like the fan vent and speedo, will switch over and fit the LCIdash once installed. When done, I have been advised that the stereo section will then have the necessary space and mounts for the AC unit and a double DIN stereo.

Has anybody else done This? And how did it go? Any lessons learned or tips in doing what you coukd share?

As an additional question too, I was hoping to replace the aerial with the shark fin type but the 'easy install' type one flooding appear appear to be too narrow in the fin itself for the aerial based to fit. Anybody got any advice or know of a good looking shark fin tbat does fit the base?