Thread: Please Help: Remote central locking disabled key fob & I do not have any manual keys

My Cars
    07BMW 650ci AC Schnitzer

Unhappy Please Help: Remote central locking disabled key fob & I do not have any manual keys

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me out of a sticky predicament with my 2007 650 Convertible AC Schnitzer (E64):

I am 100 miles away from home, and for reasons of which are a mystery, my car has decided to disable the remote central locking, making my key fob useless; and locking me out. What makes this a nightmare, is the fact that I lost the master key a while ago; the second key fob, that I am using, is missing the metal manual key part, and I have never seen a plastic emergency key.

As stupid as I know I am, for not getting a new master; the long and short of it is, no remote central locking and zero mechanical keys; all exacerbated by the fact that I only have access to about £20 (I have been away for around a week longer than expected, and am out of funds, almost completely). I have access to some very basic tools, but nothing impressive.

I'm resolved to busting a window, if necessary; but, before I do; I would like to be sure that I will be able to start the car, without the alarm going off, all the way back to Brighton...

If there is anyone out there that might be able to offer some advice; I would really, really, appreciate it.
    Last edited by Lola650ci; 08-18-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Really sorry to hear about your troubles. This may be an obvious question, but did you check to make sure that you just don't need to replace the battery in the key fob? Perhaps it's just dead.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    07BMW 650ci AC Schnitzer
    Thank you, very much for your reply; yes, I should have mentioned that. I was surprised to see that the key fob wasn't a sealed unit; but, I replaced the battery straight away, just in case.

I suspected, though; that this wouldn't resolve the problem; as, on pressing the unlock button, before replacing the cell battery; I could (and still can) hear a slight whir/solonoid sort of sound, from the wing-mirror area, on the driver-side, so; I am presuming some attempt at communication from fob to remote central locking receiver. As a bit of a side note; I can only hear this, the first time I press the unlock button, after a period of inactivity...

My Cars
    07BMW 650ci AC Schnitzer
    A fuller 'quick response' is being moderated; so, hopefully this one will be posted, straightaway; if not; apologies for the two replies to your previous message.

Thank you, very much for your reply: Yes, I should have mentioned that in my original post; but that was my first, but unfortunately unsuccessful, port of call.

My Cars
    07BMW 650ci AC Schnitzer
    I don't know whether anyone will be remotely interested in an eventual solution, to the, not-very-common problem, of; being locked out of an E64 (and presumably an E63, and potentially; F10 & 12); with the key fob in one's hand; having initiated the standard 'double-lock' procedure; when one presses the middle lock button, on the key fob; to secure the car; as usual. And for reasons as to which, as things stand; are a complete mystery to me; but DON'T include, a flat battery on either the car, or the fob:

The first steps of, over 100+ hours, of fruitless researching; agonising slipknots with bits of cord pull from roller blinds; infuriating, pushing of buttons and pulling of doorhandles with hacked bits of metal clothes dryer; with claw-hammer to pull & hold window away from roof; excessive shouting; swearing; hitting poor 650 Schnitzer, with aforementioned hammer; clothes dryer; knees; feet; fists; etc. and generally losing ones s**t over a total of ten days(!!!); are probably, mostly unnecessary.

What one needs to do in order to gain entry is: Paul window as far away from the roof as possible (there are probably better things for this then I claw hammer; but, it definitely does work); push central locking button in centre console (above Hazards) once One and insert key (with a lot of patience) into ignition slot and press start. Hey presto; double lock will release itself, once engine is running (apparently, according to the manual; pulling the door handle twice from inside also should work; but, it didn't seem to when I tried). Collapsing and crying with relief, is also, probably optional...

Maybe this will help a single so at some point in the distant future. You never know x