Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z3M Seat Covers! M Fabric, Leather...

My Cars
    z3

Z3M Seat Covers! M Fabric, Leather...

Finally these are done and I can make them available!!! For those who don't know, about 3 years ago I started BMWfabric.com because I wanted M Rain seats in my Z3 coupe but the material was NLA, so I had it reproduced. Years later we have finally managed to source good Z3M seats for templates and now my dream interior is finally becoming a reality

This was just a sample set first to sort of visualize everything. This particular set below features a red contrast stitching wrapping around the seatback, our synthetic bolster material and M Cross material

We are getting better pictures soon! The exact set pictured will be for sale for a slight discount over our usual seat cover sets as well
    We can also do most OEM leather colors (Kyalami Orange, Evergreen, Kiwi, sorry... can't help you yet) and mix and match stitching or bolster design or this or that as much as your little heart desires
    These are YOUR custom seat covers, so they should be customized to you more than just checking a box for contrast stitching or perforated leather...

Yes there are other companies doing this, but none will be higher quality and none will care more about your Z3 than me, someone who is obsessed with Z3's. Nobody else offers the M fabric either
    Quite simply - nobody else selling Z3M seat covers is a Z3 enthusiast except me!

To anyone interested let me know. Seat cover sets start at $900 and go up from there depending on options and materials chosen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-18-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Holy smokes that looks great! What kind of leather do you use? I always found the OEM nappa to be a bit too thin and brittle.

My Cars
    E36 Evo 3.2 6m/t artik
    Well done. Following on Facebook with interest ...
    94 Schnitzer 325is Coupe (HellRot) 97 M3 Evo Coupe (ArtikSilber) 2000 M Coupe S54(StahlGrau)

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    Love them. Very nice. I hope you manage to make a profit with this line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Coupe
    Very nice!

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Very nice effort, and the price is certainly right. When I wanted custom seat covers a few years go, I had to find an upholsterer, buy a hide, and have them made up from my old seats. There simply were no options like this--if there had been I would have bough a set.

My Cars
    2002 Z3 M Coupe, 2005 M3
    That's so awesome that you were able to do this!

That looks slightly different than the M rain.

I would definitely be interested in a set with the M-rain center insert and black leather surround with red stitch.

-I love my car.
    Last edited by BMWguy007; 08-20-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    I love my car.

My Cars
    z3
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys!
    I'm willing to do some discounts on the first few sets of covers ordered, I want to get the covers out there and have people see them and show them around to their friends...

Quote Originally Posted by JWin View Post
    Holy smokes that looks great! What kind of leather do you use? I always found the OEM nappa to be a bit too thin and brittle.
    Thank you. Leather depends on the customer, we have several options to choose from. Hydes makes an OE-like Nappa leather, but for the reasons you mentioned I think I'm going to try to work with other leathers if possible. Always seemed weird to me to replace faulty parts (leather that wears fast in this instance) with the same faulty part. There are tons of leathers out there of much higher quality than OE for those who want to keep an OEM look.
    Quote Originally Posted by btz461 View Post
    Well done. Following on Facebook with interest ...
    Good to hear! I hope to have some pictures of my own personal seat done soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetchief View Post
    Love them. Very nice. I hope you manage to make a profit with this line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Very nice!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bingley View Post
    Very nice effort, and the price is certainly right. When I wanted custom seat covers a few years go, I had to find an upholsterer, buy a hide, and have them made up from my old seats. There simply were no options like this--if there had been I would have bough a set.
    Thank you. Yeah I think the price is very fair, considering my own materials cost and then the labor cost of putting the stuff together. Not sure its possible to get seats like this for cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWguy007 View Post
    That's so awesome that you were able to do this!

That looks slightly different than the M rain.

I would definitely be interested in a set with the M-rain center insert and black leather surround with red stitch.

-I love my car.
    Correct, what is pictured is M Cross

If you want M Rain with Black Leather bolsters and Red contrast stitching, normal cost $1100 is I can do $950 this week for it
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    z3
    I'm toying with the idea of ordering a set in a Champagne leather... but then the question becomes, full leather, or a two-tone like the "Last M Coupe produced" interior?

Or some funky stuff like this...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    I don't think it would be too commercial or break forum rules to start a thread in the main section discussing this development--this is an item of general interest to the group, and it would be great to share the development, manufacturing process, and recovering procedure in photos. Just discuss it there and sell them here to keep it clean. Great timing btw--most MZ3 seat covers must be beginning to fail just about now. What have you decided to do about the seat belt guides?

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    What have you decided to do about the seat belt guides?
    Oooooh yah. I vote leather strap stitched at one end, button at the other. I guess like this: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/a...ap.loop.03.jpg

I've seen better examples but can't find them at the moment.

My Cars
    1999 M-Coupe, 2013 S60RD
    Beautiful! I am going to order a replacement set to store away in the future (in the event you're not doing this 5 or 10 years down the line!)...did I miss the pricing lists?

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    What about walnut covers for a non-M coupe?
    96 320i Touring
    98 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    01 PY M Coupe
    96 Z3 1.9 - DASC
    95 318ti Clubsport
    94 Miata M-Edition
    13 smart fortwo

My Cars
    z3
    I don't think it would be too commercial or break forum rules to start a thread in the main section discussing this development--this is an item of general interest to the group, and it would be great to share the development, manufacturing process, and recovering procedure in photos. Just discuss it there and sell them here to keep it clean. Great timing btw--most MZ3 seat covers must be beginning to fail just about now. What have you decided to do about the seat belt guides?
    I'll make a thread in there soon, I'm sort of waiting for my interior to be done so I can share pictures of my own interior then post a link to this thread for anyone interested in buying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JWin View Post
    Oooooh yah. I vote leather strap stitched at one end, button at the other. I guess like this: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/a...ap.loop.03.jpg

I've seen better examples but can't find them at the moment.
    Of course. Those were part of my original design, I'll be installing them a bit differently (so they are more "flat" against the seat). We can do add them for $100/set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim95M3 View Post
    Non-M coupe's may have an option in the near future, but not right now. My next project is E36 M3 vader seats then I may circle back and do non-M sport seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grauc View Post
    Beautiful! I am going to order a replacement set to store away in the future (in the event you're not doing this 5 or 10 years down the line!)...did I miss the pricing lists?
    Pricing starts at $1050, that includes a generic seude bolster and one of my fabrics as a seat center material (excluding the black M Jahre).
    Leather adds $200
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 05-30-2020 at 12:39 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    My dream is to match the color breakup of the oem two tone seats, but have high quality black leather bolsters with silver stitching and the insets which are normally black leather in alcantara.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    I assume like everyone else you cannot source the "ostrich" leather?

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
    My dream is to match the color breakup of the oem two tone seats, but have high quality black leather bolsters with silver stitching and the insets which are normally black leather in alcantara.
    I can make your dreams come true, message me for pricing
    Quote Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
    I assume like everyone else you cannot source the "ostrich" leather?
    I can try...
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 01-01-2018 at 07:31 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I can make your dreams come true for $1250, or $1050 using a very high quality alternative to genuine Alcantara.

I can try...

I will take you up on the that. I just need some time, other projects are taking priority

Then comes the question if you will get into making matching door panel inserts and dash pods OR let me buy the materials off you so everything is matchy-matchy.
    Last edited by Jamesons Viggen; 08-21-2017 at 12:56 PM.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)

My Cars
    z3
    No problem. And yes for anyone who buys seat covers I will give a big discount for matching materials so they can do door panels. The idea is these covers will need a local shop to install them and the shop can do the door cards at the same time. As much as I would like to make them readily available, it will just add to much time to the production process, there becomes concerns over quality of cores we receive in exchange, some people have airbags, some don't... it's just a lot of added complication but the door panels are really so simple that if someone wanted to they could DIY them themselves as well. The door panel is, for all intents and purposes, a flat piece of leather... couldn't be easier to replace
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 08-21-2017 at 03:42 PM.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

Quote Originally Posted by Tim95M3 View Post
    oh yes...walnut or a caramel/brown??....

Tim and me...non m coupe seats.....sweet.......

I'm toying with the idea of ordering a set in a Champagne leather... but then the question becomes, full leather, or a two-tone like the "Last M Coupe produced" interior?

Or some funky stuff like this...

I say stay on conservative yet stylish side......you can always sell such....if u go nuts youll be sitting on inventory.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    No problem. And yes for anyone who buys seat covers I will give a big discount for matching materials so they can do door panels. The idea is these covers will need a local shop to install them and the shop can do the door cards at the same time. As much as I would like to make them readily available, it will just add to much time to the production process, there becomes concerns over quality of cores we receive in exchange, some people have airbags, some don't... it's just a lot of added complication but the door panels are really so simple that if someone wanted to they could DIY them themselves as well. The door panel is, for all intents and purposes, a flat piece of leather... couldn't be easier to replace

Thanks!

You will def. be my go to person for this. It's just a matter of when. The door panels do seem pretty easy, i'd be tempted to do them myself. The dash, that will require actual skill hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
    very very handsome combo.....Id take that in non M.....

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    very very handsome combo.....Id take that in non M.....

The console/gauge surround I did, the leather I had my friend at RallyRoad do. Having the seats, door panels and dash match will be amazing.

Last edited by Jamesons Viggen; 08-21-2017 at 05:07 PM.

sweet.....handsome

viggen as in amg/alpina for saabs?..lol

not many of those around

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast