Thread: Getting logged out

My Cars
    2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan

Getting logged out

For the past few weeks, I've started getting randomly logged out multiple times per day. Never happened previously, and isn't happening on any other sites/forums, so not sure what is causing it, but it is rather annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
    "Umm, sorry guys. I am being nasally raped by a horny Oak tree at the moment. Can I get back to you on that?"

My Cars
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I too am having this problem.

My Cars
    F10 M5 E30 M50B28 Swap
    My experience is that is is very glitchy.

I cannot create a new thread at all.

When responding in a thread it hangs up a lot.

My computer at work runs Win7 and chrome and is more stable.

My computer at home is Win8 (cannot get 10 to install) and chrome and it a glitchfest.
    Hunter S. Thompson -“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

My Cars
    F10 M5 E30 M50B28 Swap
    I have to add here as I cannot create a new thread or send a PM at all.

I am now trying Firefox and it is having same issues.

I can start a new thread but I cannot click into the thread title bar and fill it out.

Same with PM's I cannot fill out the title bar.

Running newest version of Firefox and Win7
    Hunter S. Thompson -“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

My Cars
    E34 525i
    im having this issue too. thought it was something up on my end

tmaxx445 is offline E38 6 Speed Club Member! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '05 M3, '03 X5, '01 740i
    Bump, any way to solve this issue?
    2001 740i / S62 Swap / 6 Speed Swap / Titanium Silver Metallic / Grey Montana Leather / M Sport / Convenience Pkg / Heated Seats / PDC / MKIV Navigation / DSP / Bluetooth TCU / Dice Mediabridge / Vavona Trim / Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / Cat Delete / SAI Delete / Euro Tune / Koni Singles / H&R II Springs / Custom 3.15 25% Limited Slip Diff / Staggered OE M Parallels / 275 & 245 Firehawks / Euro City Lights / Celis Tail Lights / SunTek 70% CXP Tint

2005 M3 Coupe
    / 6 Speed / Silver Gray Metallic / Black Nappa Leather / Premium Pkg / Cold Weather Pkg / Bi Xenons / Adjustable Bolsters / MKIV Navigation / Harman Kardon / Bluetooth / Sirius XM / Aux In / Carbon Trim / ZHP Shift Knob / Short Shifter / StreamLine Intake / SS Headers / AR20 Resonator / Exhaust Bypass Valve / P0lar Tune / Koni Yellows / Eibach Springs / Staggered OE CSLs / 275 & 245 595 Evos / Angel Eyes / CF CSL Splitters / SunTek 38% Carbon Tint

2003 4.6is X5 / Stock /

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Glad this thread exists, but no response yet? I just started having this problem (getting logged out on my computer) late last week. Using Chrome on both Windows 7 and 10.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Why you causing problems? Let me take a look and see what I can see...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I can't see anything that changed here... I'm going to go browse the support forum and see if they have anything. Likely they are going to tell me to pound sand since we are out of support, but I'll check and see.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I can't see anything that changed here... I'm going to go browse the support forum and see if they have anything. Likely they are going to tell me to pound sand since we are out of support, but I'll check and see.
    Thanks, appreciate it!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Did it start happening after a particular browser or windows update (or are you using a Mac : )

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Did it start happening after a particular browser or windows update (or are you using a Mac : )
    Haven't changed anything that I know of. And I'm Windows/Android all the way baby. I noticed today that my bookmark for the site didn't use https, but upon logging in I get redirected to an https version. I'm checking to see if I get the same problem using that version.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 E38 750iL
    Ok, think I've confirmed that was the problem. I don't seem to be getting logged out if I use the https: version:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  9.3 KB

But when I opened up a new instance using my old bookmark, I was logged out:

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 24
Size:  8.9 KB

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Ah yes... if you switch between http and https then it will log you out. We should be primarily https now unless I missed some links somewhere.