eBMWParts

Thread: Powerflex FCAB: The Poly bushing sticks out of the carrier - Normal?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i

Powerflex FCAB: The Poly bushing sticks out of the carrier - Normal?

So the bushing aren't flush with the carrier and it rides up the control arm.
    These are the updated poly bushings with the reinforcement inside the bushing to stop it from riding up any further.

Admittedly, when I have the front wheels up and test for side to side play - there is play and it's coming from the FCAB
    While driving and braking the wheel isn't moving back and forth so I figure it's fine.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    BMW M3
    I don't think that is right but I can't say I know for certain. Have you sent pictures to the place you bought them from? They should know and if not, if they are a Powerflex retailer then they should send pictures to them to confirm whether it is.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I thought that part of the poly insert was supposed to be inside the outer poly ring? Maybe the design has changed and the inserts are much longer now and stick out?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330i
    This is the response from Power Flex

"This would only usually happen if
    A) a none genuine arm has been used and the taper of the casting is different meaning the washer inside of the bush isn’t quite as tight as it should be. This can lead to the middle part of the bush riding up the arm and pulling out of the black part, and
    B) if the ball joint at the front of the arm is worn allowing for back and fore thrust movement then the same is likely to happen.

If you are getting movement in the arm when holding the wheel at the 9pm and 3am positions, have you checked that the small bump that you are feeling is not coming from the ball joint?

Even if the purple part of the bush has come out just enough to show the lip of the bush, that would still mean that a large portion of the purple inner bush is still being supported by the black outer part of the bush."

I'm leaning towards my issue to be aftermarket arms. though, I wouldn't think aftermarket arms would be out of spec even if it is just a millimeter.

I've attached their diagram - looks like it would come out but just a tiny bit. Some part of the shoulder of the bushing would still be sitting on the inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phamine; 08-22-2017 at 11:39 AM.