Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior color preference

My Cars
    E34 525iT, '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Every time I look in this thread I just think of Terry's interior in a Champagne leather or something similar, over a dark metallic color... oooh... Champagne leather interior, Oxford green exterior. THATS it, thats the combo right there...
    Yes, indeed.
    That's why I have ongoing and pleasant dreams of converting the dark Oregon beige interior in my Boston Green M Coupe to champagne or palomino. Seat covers and door cards are one thing, and would be pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure how to deal with the dash and other beige elements.

I'm open to suggestions.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 M Roadster
    It took me 6-8 months to find my Estoril M with blue & black interior. I knew what I wanted and would buy nothing else until I found what I wanted. I flew out to NV and drove it back to KY. I'm very happy with my decision, and I think over the last three years I've spent about 100 hours under it, fixing and refreshing quite a bit, it is my daily driver and I enjoy the hell out of driving it/her.
    Built S52 w/Dinan ISR-3 kit, NickG Stage 2+ Tune, Dinan Vortech V2 Supercharger, Dinan Air to Air Intercooler, Dinan CAI, Porsche 803 HFM, Buldogge 6" crank pulley, Griptec 2.90" blower pulley, Eurosport UD pulleys, Dinan 3.38 Diff, Dinan front/rear Swaybars, Dinan springs, Koni Yellow Sport Struts, Ground Control end links, South Bend Clutch Stage 3 Organic, AASCO Light Weight Flywheel 18.5#, Zionsville Radiator & Oil Cooler, Riot Racing BBTB, Schrick Intake Manifold, 42# Injectors, Schrick cams 264/256, Forged Wiseco pistons 9.0 comp., Forged Eagle rods, Supertech dual valve springs & valves, VAC crank & bearings, Supersprint mufflers, Euro Z3 midpipe, Raceland euro headers, Walbro 255, Bevauto ignition coils, Vortech Mondo bypass, Bailey Diverter DV30, Ireland Rear Subframe Bushings, Mason Engineering Strut Brace, Mason Engineering Clutch Petal, Apex 18" EC-7 Wheels, Full Custom Sound System, two trunk lids (with & without OE spoiler), Hardtop, Trunk full of AK's...

My Cars
    Coupes...
    I keep meaning to ask Terry who did his car. Its so hard to find competent people these days.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    I have seen Terry's car many times, and I think how much better it looks in person than the photos. And the photos make it look great!
    I cannot believe the tan/beige color that was chosen by BMW for the non-M cars. It is the most horrible mud-beige tone, and yes, my Boston Green car came so equipped. Walnut is the extreme opposite and is universally praised as a prized color.
    I will remedy my cars interior with a two-tone black/?, but that is on temporary hold right now.
    My other Coupe has an Evergreen/Black interior and is a nice balance of not dark/not light, but funky enough to fit the cars styling. I'm glad BMW went out on a limb with some of their color combinations!
    -Donny

My Cars
    Coupes...
    The only thing worse than the light tan interior in the Z3s is the Dove grey interiors in the M3s. That is absolutely the worst interior color hands down.

I guess it looks really good for about 10 minutes when its new, then it starts to get yellowed and dingy.
    White is Right, Steel Grey is OK, but Estoril is the only color that truly matters.

I like Coupes.

My Cars
    1999 M-Coupe, 2013 S60RD
    Quote Originally Posted by mpire View Post
    The only thing worse than the light tan interior in the Z3s is the Dove grey interiors in the M3s. That is absolutely the worst interior color hands down.

I guess it looks really good for about 10 minutes when its new, then it starts to get yellowed and dingy.
    so very true - have a 335i with the grey sport interior and with only 40k miles it looks a bit "blah"

My Cars
    z3
    Couldn't agree less on the E36 M3 dove gray interior... it looks great. More an Ivory than a Gray. It doesn't age well, but no worse than a Z3 beige interior, the one in my 98 M3 is worn as could be but hasn't yellowed at all (that would be gross... ew)

The Z3 beige interior, like the E39, has to be one of my least favorites ever. And because they did the dash in that beige color as well, it makes it extremely difficult to do any sort of reasonable color swap.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Coupes...
    Estoril with a Black is the best looking M3 color.

Modena is dead sexy, but I have only seen one Estoril/Modena for sale in my lifetime.

That light grey, dove and mulberry, are terrible colors. I would much rather have black on a car that's 15+ years old.

Light colors always look terrible after a short period. All the black cracks full of grime that contrast with the leather.

Methuselah looked younger and better.

I like Coupes.

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Thanks Donny!

For me, most browns are bad, every automaker. I've owned RX7s, an SC400, 300ZXtt and a few ford SUVs with compromised browns. Some were really, really bad, but better than grey. The Z3 tan is not to my liking but I would own it. Unusual choice for BMW though.

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Modena is a color I'd prefer my interior to be.

That or the stupid dark maroon color that everyone uses in silver convertibles, I'd like that as well. Example:

Mercedes-S-Class-Cabriolet-silver-with-red-interiors-.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12